43. NO MORE HIDING INFORMATION

"Yuri...What do you think of Kira?" I asked carefully. I hoped she'd answer truthfully.

"I fucking hate him. I hate him so much. He can go rot in hell." Her voice sent shivers down my spine.

"What'd he do to you?" I asked, she stayed quiet for a while before sharing her reason with me.

"My uncle was...framed for embezzlement of his company funds as well as framed with a murder charge. When they claimed to have seen my uncle murder 2 men...he was with me...He was there with me...we were having a movie marathon...my parents were away and he stayed there so I didn't feel scared. I really care for him you know... and I know my uncle well, he would've never killed anyone or even embezzled funds. He was a righteous man. Plus I said a million times. He was there with me, he was there. Sobs...sobs." She stuttered before she started crying. That worried me.

"You don't have to tell me anything if it triggers a memory you know. I've been through it too so I understand...so just don't talk about it if you don't want to." I said, trying to make her feel a little better.

"No-no it's alright *sniff* Kira killed my uncle, a completely innocent man. That's why I don't believe in the government system OR Kira." She answered. She seemed to have strong feelings against both the government and Kira. I wanted to change her mind.

"I'm sorry. Would you believe in the government if they caught Kira?" I asked. I felt sorry for about her uncle but there was nothing I could do really now.

"The police are too dumb, I only trust the best detectives in the world. V and L." Yuri answered. I felt proud hearing that. I couldn't tell her my identity but I sure could hint it. She was a huge help so I'll give her 2 hints.

"Two things...Stay away from Light and I'm happy to hear that you think so highly of me." Screw the hiding identity bit.

"Huh?" I heard her sound.

"It was good to talk to you and like I said if you hate Kira then stay away from Light."

"Wait are you saying Light is-" I immediately hung up on her.

"L big news. Too big to hide from you." I said and L came through the door almost immediately, his hands still in his pocket and his face still emotionless.

"Almost every piece of the puzzle are put together now." I informed him. I didn't look happy though. I wasn't happy. My best friend was a murderer.

"What's the information?... Oh and just so you know the only way we can prove that Light is Kira is if we have his murder weapon or he confesses to it." L said.

"That's exactly why I said 'almost'."

"Ready to take in all the information I'm about to give you?" I asked. He simply nodded.

"First, Light was the last to meet Naomi." I said. L interrupted me.

"How'd you know that?" I glared at him for interrupting me.

"Let me finish." He nodded.

"When I was looking for any sightings of Naomi the police were the ones to contact me saying she wanted to meet the Kira taskforce since she had some important information. About what the information is you'll find out soon. It was the we had our first meeting with them so no one was at the headquarters. The police also said that when Naomi was about to leave Light came to give something to Soichiro. When he heard of Naomi's situation he offered to call his father and let her talk or if he doesn't pick up then wait for him to call back. Hence he was the last to meet her before she suddenly...disappeared." I explained.

"That's...huge. Anything more?" L asked his face still pretty much emotionless but it seemed just a little bit amazed.

"Of course. Listen to this conversation with Yuri." L listened to the whole conversation, his face went completely pale (if that was even possible).

"Light knew Raye's name. This could completely change the path the investigation takes. And-"I cut him off knowing full well what he was about to say.

"Kira can kill in ways other than heart attack that's what Naomi figured out. She probably told Light what she figured out and that's why she was killed and seeing as he can control actions before death as well as how they die, it's highly likely he made her commit suicide and disappear where no one will find her." I said. L continued on my theory.

"He probably wasn't sure whether or not she'll be found so he used suicide to make it feel like she killed herself even if someone were to find her, they'd never consider the fact it was Kira since Kira 'can't' kill in ways other than heart attack. This is just amazing. Thank you."

"Oi there's more. So how exactly did Light fool us. He didn't. There was a mini TV in the potato chip. Let's watch that specific part again, I'll tell you what happened and what told me." We moved to the monitor room. We went through the footage I was talking about.

"You see he only used one English word. He's always complaining when I mix 2 languages in one sentence. I think there's another person in the room or... a shinigami? Do you see the metallic glint? It's a mini TV. I checked the prices for them and it's enough that Light can buy it but he'd have to use up almost everything he has. Turns out he didn't have any money the next day. I met him. As well as the sound the packet made. When dropped in the bin it made a thud sound, it's not a sound a plastic packet would make. And the hallucination that hijacker saw was probably not hallucination. I feel that the paper had something to do with this...it's still a feeling though." I explained everything.

"Is that why you confronted Light?" L asked.

"Yes."

"Good job with everything."L said and wrote down every information I said.

"Thank you." L said again. I got back on my phone and hours later fell asleep, no nightmares again. L was there again holding me 'til sleep consumed me.