12. ALONE WITH L

"So how've you been?" Asked L

'THE AUDACITY!!!!' I shouted internally.

"Really?" I questioned dead panning.

I then remembered the strawberry cake I had made him that morning. I went to the fridge where I put it when the others had been questioned and walked to L after getting it.
He just stood there confused. I quickly shoved the box to him and turned to get started on work.
He carefully opened the box in order not to damage the thing inside. His eyes slightly widened when he saw a glimpse of the strawberry placed on top of his favourite cake. A slight smile appeared on his face. I too smiled in amusement when I saw this from the corner of my eye. He rushed to the kitchen and got himself a fork and started chewing on the cake savouring the sweetness. I couldn't help but remember just how much I'd missed that rare but sweet moments. I couldn't ignore just how much I'd missed him through out the years.

"So where am I sleeping? I know Kai's sleeping with Watari but what about me?"

"You're staying with me." He said bluntly.

"What?" I asked confused about whether or not he was being serious.

"You're sleeping in my room." He said and I just nodded since I had know his sleeping habits.

'He'd not even enter the room since he barely sleeps and if he does have to sleep it's not like we've never slept together. Should be fine.' I thought then my act just exploded. 'I slept with him when I wasn't even conscious about my feelings for him!!!!!! IT'S DIFFERENT NOW!!!!! It'll be so damn AWKWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!'

'Whatever not like I don't like it.'

L's POV~

'What the heck! I thought she'd react with at least a blush or so but she just nodded. Does she seriously hate me now? ARGH this is annoying. Does she like someone else now? No can't be. She got me cake even though she's angry. I still have a chance.' I thought and got back to work. My thoughts now occupied with Kira.

'Kira I will find you no matter what it takes. What you're doing is wrong. I will find you.' I thought.

'WaIt. Did she say she'll sleep in my room? Wait what the heck! IT'll be so awkward!!!!!!! We have slept together when we were younger but now if I have to sleep... Shit!!!!!' I mentally facepalmed my self for being so reckless.

"Law go to sleep I'll take care of this..." V said while going through the file of one of the FBI's.

"You seemed to be having more sleeping problems than before." She added and I shook my head and was about to retort when she spoke again.

"Your dark circles have grown darker than before. Just sleep."

"I'm fine, I can still function." I retorted anyways. It's not that I didn't feel sleepy I just wanted her to force me to or bribe me, at least for the sake of my useless pride.

She got up from her seat and just took my wrist and pulled me towards my room. I didn't resist and just let her take me, no matter where it might lead me.

She tucked me in my bed and was about to leave when I tugged on her wrist.

"I'm not sleepy." I said since I wanted her to sing me something. I missed her voice so much and specially the songs she sang were so nice.

"What do you want? Just cause I'm not acting like I'm angry doesn't mean I'm not." She said and left me alone.

I was upset. I wanted to tell her about who killed her parents but then I can only imagine how cruelly she'd kill him. I didn't want her to go against the law and land herself in prison so I'd stayed silent. But clearly that just made her angry at me. She used to be such a happy person and now she just stopped showing any emotion.

'Still I'm glad she showed her anger today. I wonder how long I can keep this up.' Soon after I drifted into a peaceful dreamless sleep knowing that we could finally meet again.