68. "KILL ME"

"Hey, L!" I shouted out to the raven haired detective. I had just got back from visiting Misa and I needed to tell L everything.

"Hmm? So the cure worked." L responded from the kitchen. I strode towards him.

"It did work and Misa spoke something suspicious." I reported, pushing the recording to L's chest. He held it and looked up at me.

"You recorded the conversation?" He asked with a small smirk. I rolled my eyes at him and smiled. He immediately played the recording and listened carefully to every single word.

"Oh...are you also suspecting me because you believe I used him to get information from the taskforce?"

L's movements faltered when he heard that. I smirked as he looked up. The smirk turning into as grin as he ruffled my hair. We were both thinking the same thing. The only way she could know about him being a taskforce member was if he told her.

"Good job." L said and walked to his chair, in front of the TV. He pressed the button used to call Watari.

"Watari, do whatever it takes to make her speak. Whatever. Don't kill her though." L asked of Watari. I didn't know how to react to that. I felt horrible for Misa but also understood the severity of the situation. There was nothing I could've done.

The day went by and no news related to Misa came back. She had kept quiet about Light and Kira. The task force retired as the day got dark. I was sat on the couch doing my work. I heard scuffling beside me. I turned to see L adjusting the cushions in a way that felt most comfortable for him. He seemed to be attempting to sleep.

"Lawliet, go sleep on your bed." I told him without looking.

"It's too far." He spoke tiredly. I turned to look at him and shook my head. He scuffled some more and rested himself. I paid him no mind and moved on to doing my work.

A minute or two passed until I felt L move again. I sighed and put my laptop down on the table before turning to L. He seemed to have realised, because he was looking at me too...with doe eyes at that. I rolled my eyes and smiled.

"Give me the cushions." I asked L with my arm extended towards him. He meekly handed them over. Straight after they touched the palm of my hand, I flung it across the room to another couch.

"What are you doing?" He asked calmly. He had the last cushion in his hand. He may have seemed calm but he was holding the cushion like his life depended on it. I softly placed my feet back on the carped after uncrossing them. I took the last cushion from L's grasp and placed it on the soft carpet, in case he needed it, it was there.

"Lie down." I ordered him. He hesitantly obliged. He lied down in a foetus position, so he took as less space as possible.

"Don't act like you've never done it. Sleep properly L Lawliet." I told him. He looked up at me, as if asking if I was sure.

"You don't need consent while kissing but you need it now? Yes, just lie down." His face flushed bright red and did just that. He moved his head and placed it on my lap. Even though I told L to do it, the weight of his head still felt weird on my lap. I ignored the feeling and got my laptop off the table and on the right arm of the couch. Something didn't feel right. Oh, a blanket.

"L, I'm gonna get up for a second." I said and walked to the bedroom. I picked up a thin blanket and went back. L was propped up on his elbow and looking me straight in the eyes. I sat back down on the couch before putting L's head back on my lap. I placed the blanket on L, and hoping he was all cozy, I went back to work. I knew it had been a while since he slept so I worked as quietly as possible. A few hours went by and L was fast asleep. I avoided making any movement in fear that I'd ruin L's sleep. I felt L stir and saw him turn his body so he was now facing me. His face was directly in front of my stomach and one of his right arm wrapped around my torso. I was wearing a thin black t-shirt a loose fit on my body. It had moved slightly up when I moved, exposing my skin to the crisp air. I was not only met with cold air, but also the cold tips of L's fingers. I slightly jolted from the shock of not only his cold fingers, but also his warm breath on my stomach. I tensed all over as weird thoughts entered my head. My face turned red, as if I had just ran a marathon in the summer heat.