47. SAVED BY THE LASS

The next day I went to Uni and just got super bored. Yuri wasn't available that day. But that did help me clear up my thoughts a little. L blocked all websites I could go on and check news. Light was there but his mind was somewhere else. When we were walking to our next Light asked me a question, completely irrelevant but I know it hit his self esteem hard.

"Did you even study for the entrance exam?" Light asked me. I just wanted to flex to him at that moment.

"Whenever you saw me I was actually studying." I answered what I believed was the truth.

"You were day dreaming half the time." Light deadpanned.

"Then I didn't." I answered plainly. He looked at me worried.

"Did you cry?" He asked. I shook my head.

"No." I didn't, not today at least.

"Really? You do realise your eyes are red and puffy?" He asked stopping his tracks and turning to me.

"I'm alright, Light." I smiled.

"Right..." He trailed. He placed his hand on my cheek and slightly caressing my eye bags.

"You've barely slept." He commented.

"Sleeping slows down the progress...plus I'm not the only one." I retorted. I removed his hand from my face and started walking.

"Does Ryuzaki not care about you at all?" Light asked. I turned around to Light with a puzzled look.

"What does that have to do with anything?" I asked.

"If he cared he would've let you rest." He answered. I smiled.

'Dude if he didn't force me to sleep I doubt I would've slept even how much I do now.'

"If he didn't care then I would've not been here. I'm here because he kicked me out of the headquarters until I'm well rested." I chuckled.

"Ungrateful panda." I rolled my eyes.

"Why?" Light asked. Again with the curiosity.

"Why so curious Light?"

'Cause he's Kira. Duh!'

"What are you doing out here? Classes are starting in a few minutes. Let's go Light~!" A girl shouted, sweeping Light from his stance and dragging him with her.

"Saved by the lass." I smirked and followed.

The next hour was boring. I just zoned out. When it was finally time to go home, I texted Light and went straight to the hotel.

"I'm back." I announced.The whole taskforce was there watching news. They turned around and looked at me, before going back to what they were doing.

"Kari, you're forbidden from helping anymore." L ordered. I was confused as to why before it hit me.

"Is it because-"

"No. You just need to rest for now. I suggest you go and live with a friend for a while." L spoke he wasn't loking at me like the rest of the taskforce were.

"Huh?"

"I don't believe that you're not going to hack the computer so you can work...so you'll stay as far away from the headquarters for at least a week."

"What about my house?" I asked him he finally turned to look at me.

"Definitely not. You have...3 laptops there. You'll absolutely work if at home."

"How do you know I won't in a friend's house?"

"The ones you make are easier for you to use not other ones." I was suspicious but complied anyway. Light was the only one I could call a friend but I can't live with him. He's Kira. There was one other person I could stay with...Of course it was Yuri. I was thinking of explaining everything to her today but she wasn't feeling well so I didn't go find her. I went to L and my shared room and called Yuri.

"Yuri." I spoke into the phone.

"Hello Hikari." Yuri replied her voice didn't sound as cheerful as other times.

'I'm assuming knowing Light is Kira is a really bad news for her.'

"Can I stay with you for a while?" I asked. She was quiet for a while before I spoke.

"It's fine if you don't want to." It felt kind of awkward asking someone I just got to know if I could live with them.

"Oh no I was just thinking what we could do when you're over."She dismissed my thought immediately. I guess she wasn't that bad after all.

"Thank you so much. I really didn't think you'd agree." I said truthfully.

"I actually really want to get to know yo better. Before I was blinded by jealousy and ignored the other girls bullying you...but now I know you're actually not bad, instead maybe even better than my other friends. I wanna be your friend." Sincerity was dripping from her voice. I was very glad to have another friend.

"Me too." I replied.

"So when're you coming over?" She asked. It went back to awkward again, at least for me.

"Can I come by now?" I asked.

"Sure."

"Great. Bye-" She cut me off with an instruction.

"Bring your most fanciest clothes." And she hung up.

*TOT* *TOT* *TOT*

"Okay..."