5. MEETING L

It said...
"We like to apologize as of now we're bringing you a live broadcast from the ICPO Interpol. It looks like they're ready to begin." Said a brown haired reporter while shuffling through his paper. The screen suddenly changed to show a black haired man in a grey suit. He had a label on the table, his name was Lind L Tailor.
"I am the only person who can control the entire world's police forces. Lind L Tailor." Said the black haired man.

"Damn it! Damn it! I know exactly where this is going." I thought but I knew stopping it would only make it harder for them to find Kira so I did nothing and just watched.
"Lind. L. Tailor. I go by the code name 'L'...the successive murdering of the criminals, is unforgivable and must not go unpunished. I promise I will find the ring leader or 'KIRA'. Kira I can guess what your motivation might be, but what you're doing is pure evil!" After Tailor said that there was a silence for about a minute but soon enough, it happened.

"Ughhhhh, Arghhhh!!!!!!!!!" Tailor screamed clutching his chest. I got a very unpleasant feeling and got butterflies in my stomach, my heart beating like crazy I covered my eyes and ears in order to prevent that uneasiness.Soon after that his body was taken away by a 2 men in black suit. Right after that L finally made an entry.

"I can't believe it. I tested it just in case but I never thought it could actually be true... Kira it seems you can kill people without having to be there in person, I wouldn't have been able to believe it if I hadn't just witnessed it. Listen 'Kira' if you did indeed kill 'Lind. L. Tailor' on screen, I can tell you that he was in fact criminal that was due to death today. That was not me. He was a criminal that was captured by the police in absolute secrecy. You wouldn't have heard of him in the news or through the internet. Looks like even you don't have information on these kinds of killers. But as for L, he certainly does exist as my own persona. Now try and kill me!! Go on then! Hurry up! Kill me! What's wrong? Kill me! What are you going to do? Go on! Kill me! What's the matter can't you kill me?So it seems you can't kill me. So there are certain people you can't kill.

Thanks for the hint. As a reward I'll tell you one more thing. We lied about this being a live worldwide broadcast. The announcement is currently only being broadcasted across the canto region of Japan. We were planning to broadcast it at different times across different regions but it seems that there is no longer any need for this. I know you're in Kanto." As soon as I heard that I felt very proud and also angry that he so openly challenged a damn mass murderer.
I looked towards the clock and saw that it was almost time to go pick Kai up. I'll kill L when I see him. I turned the T.V off and ran to Kai's school to pick him up.

"Jace." I say as he runs in to hug me tight.

"I heard what he did." Kai said. I simply nodded to that.

"He's being a smart idiot." He said smiling..
"Lets go." I said.
When we reached home I straight away hacked into his computer to find his location. He was staying in Teito hotel and it seemed that would last for a while. I thought all night and believed that the best choice would be to help him and that way I could protect him too.
A month later...

*Bang*
"You know you could've at least knocked." I heard a monotonous voice say. I looked up and saw the same raven, noddy locks. He sat his same unique way. He was looking me straight in the eye. He looked so tired. His eyes had dark circles around them. I felt my heart shatter to pieces seeing him like this...No I can't, he's shit. He didn't even tell me about why mum and dad were killed. He also literally challenged Kira openly.

I realized why I was here so I walked up to the couch and got a few cushions and threw it at him while yelling at him.
"You idiot!! Do you wanna die?"
"What did I do?" He asked.

"You have the gut to ask? Why would you go and so openly challenge Kira? You know he's damn smart. He was good enough to hack into the police files, how do you know he can't find your name?" I shouted while beating him with the cushions when the doors suddenly opened to reveal 5 men.