69. "BROS BEFORE-"

BECAUSE THIS IS CHAPTER 69 I WANTED TO MAKE IT MORE HEATED BUT...TURNS OUT I CAN'T- 😭 WELL IT'S MOSTLY FLUFF (OR MAYBE I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT AND AM JUST AN IDIOT...THERE'S A HIGH CHANCE!!!!)...OVERALL IT'S EXTREMELY WHOLESOME AND LONG!!!!! I HOPE YOU LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone left soon and it was just L and it I.

"Shinigami." I said and he nodded. He was once again sat on the couch in front of the monitor. Practically glaring at it.

"So why did you send them away?" L asked me, referring to the task force members. He looked back at me from the corner of his eyes.

"They looked tired." I answered, it was a half lie. Not really true or false. He turned me properly with a knowing smirk.

"I just wanted to spend more time with you." I said with a pout, I didn't want to confess to it. L smiled and stared back at the screen.

"What time is it?" L asked me as if he wasn't already aware. It was literally on top of the screen. L had been so focused on the screen with Misa on it...

"11:58." I felt my face turn sullen and I turned away from L, preparing to leave. It didn't seem like I was needed there anyways.

"Where are you going?" L asked in concern. He was right there but his voice sounded so far away, he probably wasn't looking at me. I swallowed the collected saliva in my mouth, in an attempt to moisturise my unusually dry throat. I ran my tongue around my mouth not sure how to make myself look less awkward, then realised, he wasn't even looking. I quietly scoffed before looking down and curving my lips into a half smile as if mocking myself. I knew that we both liked each other but the occasional insecurity was unavoidable. No matter how hard I tried.

"I'm so tired...I just wanna sleeeeeeeep." I whined, hoping it'll make him think there was nothing wrong. After all no one takes a overdramatic whine seriously. But then again I really hoped he'd realise that I wasn't actually tired.

"Could you get me my laptop from the room?" He asked of me, once again not looking away from the screen. I felt slight drop in my stomach, but ignored it entirely. I nodded and left the room to retrieve said object. Once I got it back and gave it to him.

"Thanks." He spoke, taking the laptop from my hand. I just stared at him, unsure if I should just leave. I decided I should just leave.

"Did you make a copy of the recording?" I turned to him once again, confused for a while before understanding what he was talking about.

"No, do you want me to make one?" I asked carefully, not to make him aware of the jealousy in my tone. Deep down, I was aware he'd never actually have feelings for a criminal, but then again, the emotion jealousy was extremely unreasonable.

"Yes please." He answered. I took a deep breath and trudged towards the cupboard where I'd placed the tape. I creaked the door open and crouched down to get a better view of where everything was. There were many files all over the place. For being a clean freak he was quite unorganised with where everything was. Well he did have Watari and I to take care of it all. I rummaged through the files trying to find that one tape. I went through one file. I went through two files. Nothing. I felt anxiousness replacing the jealousy I felt earlier as I couldn't find it at all. It wasn't the biggest evidence but it was still something that could help. My hands shook in nervousness, almost as if I was talking in front of a 100 people. I was so scared, I didn't even realise when L got up and moved beside me.

"Did you find it?" He asked suddenly. I jolted in surprise, making me lose balance and fall. I took a deep breath in trying to calm down, but I just couldn't.