chapter 9

Hello.

"Don't be bothered by her words my prince"
Taehyung had met jungkook's step mother and she told him to conceive a child as soon as possible.
It's not a problem. Taehyung would love to have kids.
The issue is what if it's not a boy? Are the imperials not going to accept her if she's a girl?.

He sighed not wanting to think more.
----

It's dark outside and jin has just left his chambers after preparing him for the night.
Both came to a conclusion that taehyung should ask jungkook directly.

As the night passed by, taehyung was on jungkook's chest. Sighing in content after the time they spent together.

Taehyung's pov:

"Do you think we will have children some day my lord?" Jungkook is silent as he ponders my question.

"I believe we will. " I place a hand to my flat stomach and imagine it swelling with life. My heart flutters and I smile. The thought of finally having a family is an exciting one. Having a family with jungkook makes me near delirious with happiness.

"I know daughters for the leader imperial's are bad. You need a mighty son to inherit your kingdom." I know jungkook cares about me. I'm not sure the full extent of it but I know already I had fallen for him. I worry what will happen if I cannot give him a son.

Despite his feelings he may be pressured to look outside our union to find another woman to give him a son. The thought wrenches at my heart and I have to close my eyes to fight tears. Jungkook moves onto his back and pulls me with him. I'm sprawled out on top of him and he stares out the window at the stars. He is quiet for a long time.

"Sons are important and I would love many." I look away and jungkook tilts my face up to meet his. He kisses me softly before pulling away. He rubs his thumb across my cheek.

"But I would not mind having a little girl with her mothers lovely lilac eyes and fiery spirit." I beam at jungkook and hug him tightly.

"Never worry over such things my moon. Whether you give me sons or just daughters you will be the only Queen for me." I open my mouth to dispute his words but I find myself suddenly busy. Jungkook kisses me with a fiery passion. He shows me all night just how devoted he is to me.

After somedays;:

I lean over the basket and throw up last nights dinner. Seokjin sits beside me, holding my hair and murmuring softly. He rubs soothing circles on my back and I clench my teeth. My stomach recoils and I lean back over the basket. I hover over it and spit a few more times before I finally lean back against jin. My face is sweaty and my mouth tastes of bile. I feel the acid rising in my throat and I dry heave.

Thankfully my stomach is empty of its contents and nothing comes out. I wipe my mouth on the back of my hand and breath slowly through my nose.

"Are you alright my prince?" Seokjin hovers beside me and looks at me, worry in his dark eyes. He hands me a flask of water and I swig some in my mouth and then spit it into the basket. I sip some slowly trying to settle my violent stomach.

"I'm fine. I would like to lie down for a bit though." Jin frowns at me and hesitates. I smile softly at him and he gives in. He helps me to lie down and I snuggle against the soft furs. They smell like jungkook and the scent calms my stomach. Seokjin sits beside me on the ground and brushes my sweaty hair back from my face. The weather now is sweltering and it just makes me feel worse.

"I think we should have the healers take a look at you my prince." He's almost 2 years elder than me..he looks over as a mother would at his young son. I smile and pat his hand.

"I do not believe I am ill hyung. I have not had my bleeding for a full turn of the moon." It would make sense.

Jungkook and I have mated like animals in heat even since we were wedded. A slow smile spreads across jin's face and he clasps my hands in his.

"Oh that is most wonderful prince!" Jin exclaims in an excited voice. I place my hand on my flat stomach and smile.

"Have you told Lord jungkook yet?" My smile falters and I roll onto my back. Jin slides into the sheets next to me, a frown on his face.

"Not yet." Jin is silent, waiting for me to continue. I sigh and look out of the window.

"I'm worried. What if it isn't a boy?" Jin lays down on his back and is quiet as he ponders my words.

"I think Lord jungkook will love the babe if it is a boy or a girl. He is a good man." Jin twists his fingers together. He wants to comfort me more but he knows as well as I do what having a girl versus a boy would look like to the imperials.

"I know jungkook is a good man. It's not him I'm worried about." Jin nods his head and reaches out to interlock our hands, providing silent comfort. I think back to what we talked about all those days ago. Jungkook promised nothing would change if all I could give him were daughters but my heart is still wary. I trust him to love me and any child I give him but I worry what the imperials would say. Jin suddenly sits up and smiles.

"We will travel to ancestors tomb. You will perform the ritual and the babe from your womb will be strong and male." He sounds so sure but already the thought of performing the ritual turns my stomach. I know I will do anything to remain by jungkook's side and to provide a safe family for the little one growing inside me, but I am heavy of heart. I caress my stomach and close my eyes. I picture holding a fair skinned baby, with jungkook's black hair and dark eyes. In my thoughts it is a little boy with a strong heart like his father.

"No matter what happens I am here for you..tae." Jin smiles uncertainly at me. I hug him tightly and we stay like that for a long time.

----
Hi. Hope you guys liked it. Please vote, comment and share. And sorry for the late update.

Any thoughts?

Thanking you:
Niki