Chapter-21

HEY.

I pull the cords on my vest closed as Jin hyung braids my hair.

His nimble fingers make quick work of my thick locks and moments later I have a crown of braids. I smile gratefully at him and reach up to cradle Jaehyun close. He sleeps soundly, his little fist in his mouth. I stroke my finger over his silky cheek and he snorts softly. How I was so blessed with a babe as wonderful as jaehyun, I will never know.

He is a little over a week old and My Lord and I fall more in love with him every day. He sleeps amazingly well for a newborn and only fuses when he is hungry or has a soiled bottom.

Jin hyung straps my dagger to my belt and pats my shoulder.

"My thanks hyung." I smile at him and hand him jaehyun. He cuddles him close and kisses his brow. He and Namjoon hyung loves jaehyun as their own...and their children are always in here to play with my lil babe. I have faith that the great ancestors will bless them .

My Lord walks in and meets my eyes. He holds out his hand and I move into his embrace. He kisses my hair and I breathe in his scent. It always helps to calm me.

"Are you sure ?"

I nod and look up at him.

"I'm sure. I appreciate your concern though."

Jungkook cups my face in his hands and kisses me thoroughly. My toes curl in my boots and I sigh. I release him and step back from his embrace. I push the flaps aside and walk into the crowd.

Jin hyung follow behind.

Bogum is bound to a post, his hands and feet tied and his face a bloody pulp. I suspect Jungkook visited him. I look over at him and he bares his teeth at me in a fierce smile. I nod at Namjoon hyung and he throws a bucket of water on bogum. He sputters and struggles in his ties. He looks around confused until his gaze settles on me.

"Tae! Thank the gods. You have to help me. Tell them it was an accident."
I remain silent. Bogum looks at me with pleading eyes and I feel nothing. My heart holds none of the fear I once felt in his presence. All that resides is the deep, burning hatred for him.

"Why would I do such a thing?" Bogum struggles but it's no use. The ties only bite into his flesh.

"Because I am your blood. I am your family!" I study him with narrow eyes. I wave my hands out to the people surrounding us.

"Look around you bogum. These people here, they are my family." Bogum looks around at the imperia and his lips curl into a sneer.

"These savages are nothing, they only know how to capture. Dogs! " Bogum puffs up his chest.

"Correction bogum, You are nothing. You are the dog who needs his crooked tail to be fixed. Once and complete. " Bogum snarls.

I walk closer to him and unsheathe my dagger.

"I am your blood tae! You cannot kill me!" He howls in terror and shrinks closer to his post.

"You mistake me for the scared little one I used to be. I am the great Imperial Prince and I will destroy anyone who harms my family." Bogum screams and pleads for his life.

"Please tae!" He begins to weep.

"I won't bury your remains and they will not be burnt. You will be cut into pieces and scattered across the land to be picked at by scavengers." He screams in horror as I dig the tip of my blade in his socket and cut out his eye. It falls to the ground and namjoon hyung lifts it and puts it in a sack.

Blood flows freely on his face and he continues to howl in pain. I nod and Baekhyun grips his head and pulls it back. Hoseok grips his jaw and holds it open. He pulls bogum's tongue out.

"Next you will lose your venomous tongue so that I will hear no more of your lies." I slice my dagger and his tongue falls into my hands. Namjoon hyung holds open the sack and I drop it in. Bogum weeps and tries to plead, his words jumbled. I look at My Lord and he watches me with lusty eyes. His arms are folded over his massive chest and he eludes masculinity.

I lean down and grip bogum's hair. He looks at me with a dazed expression.

"You tried to take the life of myself and my son. For that you lose your life today." I jam my knife in his jaw and he gurgles. Blood falls from his lips and down my hand. I keep his gaze as the light fades from his lone eye. He slumps against the post, dead. I pull my blade free and sling the blood from it.

"Dismember him and scatter his body. He will find no peace in the afterlife." They nod and I turn away from the scene before me. I sheathe my dagger.

Jungkook moves to my side, jaehyun in his arms. I smile at my babe and husband. He holds a satchel of supplies.

"Let us wash the blood from your body my moon." I smile my thanks at him and we make our way to the spring.

The water rushes and the sound of the water is so calming. My clothes fall into the ground. Jungkook watches me with hungry eyes and I wink at him.

"It will be torture to keep my hands from you." I giggle and wade into the cool water. I cup my hands and pour the water down my neck. It runs red from bogum's blood. I dunk underneath the water and let it soak my hair. When I surface I see Jungkook cooing at Jaehyun as he pulls on his finger. I crush soap berries in my hand and lather my arms.

"We have truly been blessed by the great ancestors." I smile and jaehyun sneezes.

"Are you alright my moon?" Despite the rage jungkook felt for bogum he knew he was my family and that I once cared for him. What he doesn't know is that bogum stopped being my brother a long time ago. I wade closer to where he sits.

"I feel finally at peace. The darkness looming over us is gone." Jungkook grins at me.

"Are you alright? I know you wanted to be the one to do it."

Jungkook ponders my question. He smiles at jaehyun when he pulls roughly on his finger.

"I wished to be the one to strike him dead but I admit watching you do it was tantalizing." He smirks at me and I giggle. I fold my arms and lean on the bank.

Jungkook holds jaehyun close and there is just something about seeing a man as fearsome as jungkook holding a babe. Especially when that babe is mine.

"I love you my lord" Jungkook looks at me, his eyes full of love. My heart squeezes in my chest and butterflies flutter in my stomach.

"I love you my moon. I love you as well my son." He holds jaehyun to his face and kisses his tiny cheek.

------
Hello. Did you guys liked the chapter?. Please share, vote and comment.
Thoughts?

Thanking you:
Niki