Chapter 11

Hi.

I watch as jungkook rides ahead of us, like an alpha wolf leading his pack.

He sits proud atop his stallion his black hairs fluttering in the breeze, the bells of horses playing a symphony of sound.

He keeps a keen eye out for any rivals on our trek to the great Ancestral tomb. We have been riding north-east for almost a month, camping every night.

Every night Jungkook has made love to me underneath the stars, whispering his love for me as he takes me.

I look over and smile at Jin and Namjoon.
Jin hyung rides behind him, his arms wrapped tight around his waist and a smile on his face. Their children stayed at the palace with Namjoon's mother.

Ever since the attack Namjoon has been more attentive to Jin, and I don't just mean emotionally if the sounds of pleasure I heard last night are any indication.

I see Jungkook stop up ahead and look at our surroundings. I pull my filly Silver to a stop and Namjoon rides up beside me with Jin.

"Tae, are you okay? ", Jin looks at me.

" Yeah hyung, but the morning sickness is too hard to handle"

Namjoon looked surprised as if we grew horns. We were talking so casually like brothers, that must have been shocking for him.

"My prince, would you like some water? "
I looked at namjoon, who was looking at me with concern that made me ask myself, why God didn't give me a loving brother like Namjoon?

"No, I am doing fine.. Hyung-g"

This time jin hyung looked surprised but he smiled afterwards.

"Are you feeling alright my prince? Are you hungry?"

Jin pulls a gimbap from his satchel and hands it to me. Thankfully over the past few weeks my stomach has settled. Now I can't get enough food. I smile and thank him for the food.

I tear off a piece with my teeth and chew it slowly. I absently rub my swelling stomach and watch Jungkook. He is tense atop his stallion as he scans the area.

"What's going on?" Namjoon watches Jungkook before looking over at me. His eyes flit back and forth as he jumps from his horse. He reaches up and helps seokjin down.

"Something isn't right. Stay and watch over the prince" Seokjin nods and grips his face in his hands. He brushes a tender kiss to his mouth and Namjoon smiles at him. He pulls Jin hyung in for a quick hug before mounting once more and trotting ahead.

"Jin hyung what's going on?" He takes my filly's reins and watches Namjoon.

"I'm not sure my prince. But something doesn't feel right."

The guard stationed behind us falls from his horse with a thunk. I gasp and turn around in the saddle. He lies on the ground bleeding, an arrow sticking out of his head.

The sounds of hooves thundering on the dry earth bombard us from behind. Behind us come at least three handfuls of soldiers if not more. They had a black mask on which signals that they are rogues. Jin screams for namjoon but its to late. They are almost upon us. I reach down and grab Jin's hand. I go to pull him up when an arrow embeds deep into my shoulder. I cry out and release Jin hyung's hand. Thankfully he is quicker on the draw than me and climbs quickly onto Silvers back.

"Taehyung! " He screams and I grit my teeth, my arm and shoulder on fire.

I look up to see we are surrounded, the rogues riding a circle around us. I catch a glimpse of Jungkook and his warriors fighting the rogues. Jin clings to my back and I watch the rouge warriors. One rides forward, his hand outstretched. I finger the dagger strapped to my hip. He grabs a fist full of jin's hair and I strike.

I slash my blade up like jungkook taught me and the rouge screams, blood spurting forth from his neck.

He falls from his horse making an opening in the circle. I grab the reins and kick my heels into Silvers side.

She flies into action and we race from the circle. Seokjin hyung clings to me and I can feel the blood flowing down my back. I search for Jungkook or Namjoon, while trying to avoid the arrows swinging through the air.

"Tae we have to get away!" I know jin is right but I don't want to leave jungkook. I watch as the battle rages on. I feel dizzy and my stomach churns. I'm starting to lose too much blood. I take one last look at jungkook and spur Silver into a run, leaving the battle behind us.

----------

Again, sorry for the late update.
Hope you guys liked it. Please comment, share and vote.

Any thoughts?

Thanking you:
Niki