Chapter-30

Hi.

The sounds of steel hitting steel ring through the camp and the grunts and yells of the fighting pound through my head. Namjoon hyung and Hoseok ride silently beside me, the noises drowning out the sounds of our horses hooves as we race toward the camp that holds my Baby, my jaehyun. We are almost there when two rival fighters ambush us and I barely miss the glinting sword as it glides past me. Hyung and hoseok face off against the attackers and I look back at them.

"Go Taehyung!" Namjoon yells for me to go and I spur Silver into a run. I push my feet harder to her flanks and we fly across the camp. I pull her to a quick stop by the edge of the tent and quietly dismount. I pull my dagger from my hip and silently creep into the tent. Mina sits on the bedding, my baby in her arms as she sings to him. My heart yearns to hold my baby and hot rage turns my vision red. I watch as she gently lays him down and lightly touches his sleeping face.

"I knew you would come Jeon Taehyung. You could not help yourself to the bounty that is this babe." She coos softly to Jaehyun and I move closer to her. She holds up her hand, a brightly colored blade glinting in the light from the fires.

"I will leave this place unharmed Great Queen or the babe will die." She grins at me and reaches down to touch my kid. I lunge towards them but she only waves the dagger at me again.

"Why would you kill him after all the trouble you and your husband went to steal him?"

She merely shrugs, her dark eyes never leaving Jaehyun for long.

"I care not for the baby. I will do anything to insure I leave here alive." Despite her ramblings about killing Jaehyun , she continues to hover next to him and watch him with an almost reverent expression. As if she were looking at a god. I lay my dagger down and hold up my hands. She gestures to the weapons on my thighs and watches me closely as I unhook them and let them drop to the ground as well.

"I am disarmed. Please give me back my baby and I swear you can leave right now. We will not chase you down."

The lies taste like soot in my mouth but I keep my voice steady and strong. I shift slightly and can feel the blade hidden in my boot pressing against my ankle.

She looks up at me, her eyes narrowed as she tries to decide if I am being truthful or not. She reaches down to Jaehyun, turning her back to me slightly and I strike. I throw my whole body into her and we fall to the ground. She grunts as I knock the breath from her and I fumble to retrieve the knife from my boot.

"You bitch." She sneers at me. I manage to pull the blade from my boot but she quickly kicks me in the stomach pushing me back. She runs towards jaehyun but I tackle her before she can grab him.

He wakes up and starts to cry. My whole body urges me to run to him and hold him close but I know what I have to do. We wrestle on the ground, her kicks and scratches finding purchase leaving me winded as she hits the center of my chest. I struggle for air as dark spots dance over my eyes. She tries to crawl for my dagger but I grab her ankle, pulling her back to me. She moves to kick me but I plunge my small blade into her leg. She screams and thrashes. I punch her in the nose and smile when I hear the satisfying crunch of bone breaking.

"I'll kill you!" Despite the blood flowing freely from her nose and leg and she still tries to wrap her hands around my throat. I jab her in the face with my elbow and she falls back clutching at her bloodied face. She wails in pain and I pull my blade free from her leg. She tries to twist away from me but not before I plunge my blade deep into her stomach. She gasps and I pull the blade free before plunging it deep once more.

All I can see is my kid in danger. All I can feel is the soul crushing despair and burning rage when he was taken from me. All I can hear is his cries of terror. I twist the blade and pull it across her flesh, tearing open her stomach. Her blood splatters on my face and arms. My hands are red and slick but still I continue to stab her.

A cry pulls me from my frenzied slaughter and I look up to see jaehyunie sitting up on the bedding, his little face wet with tears and his arms open for me.

"Mama." He cries for me and I push away from Mina. She presses her hands to her gushing stomach, eyes wide as she tries to stop the blood flow. I go to pick him up before I realize my hands and arms are covered in her blood and guts. I look around the tent and a washing basin filled with water sits off to the side. I quickly splash the water to my face and arms and watch as the water runs red.

"If..If..I can't..have..him.." I turn to her as she slowly lifts her colored dagger. She throws it with the last bit of her strength and I watch in horror as it flies towards jaehyun.

I let out a strangled scream and the next thing I know the blade is embedded deep into my side. It slices easily through my leather vest and plunges into my flesh. The pain is instant and white-hot. I slump to my knees and grit my teeth in agony.

Mina's smile falls from her face and the light fades from her eyes as she dies. I fall against the bedding and close my eyes. My body screams and my head swims. A soft little hand touches my face and I open my eyes to see jaehyun smiling down at me. My heart surges with love and I try to smile back at him.

I can feel the strength leaving my body and I force my eyes to stay open. My side is slick with blood and I can feel it pooling in my boot. I push myself off the bedding and pull him close. Just holding my sweet babe and knowing he's safe gives me the strength to move.

"Come little one. We have to find your papa. " Outside bodies line the camp, most of them I don't recognize but some I do and my heart aches for them. My jaehyunie snuggles close to me and I brush a kiss to his brow. The dagger twists my flesh with every step I take but I need to find jungkook. I trip and almost drop jaehyun. I scream in pain and struggle to stay upright.

My vision is growing blurry and I can faintly see shadows charging towards us. I wrap my body as much as possible around my kid and grip my blade.

"Taehyung!!!"
" My Lord we've found him and Jaehyun! " I recognize that voice and I sag in relief. I grab namjoon hyung and press jaehyun into his arms. He quickly takes my baby and I lean against him for support. The last thing I hear before everything fades away is Jungkook screaming for me to hold on.

--------
Hey everyone! I am here. I hope you live this chapter, if you did please vote, share and comment. Ily all<3

Any thoughts?

Thanking you:
Niki