Chapter-29

Hi.

Jin and Namjoon hyung ride on my left side while jimin and yoongi ride on my right side. We make up the front of our voyaging party with my watchmen following intently behind. The breeze blows tenderly as we make a sluggish journey across the fields.

The ringers in silvers white mane sparkle and I haul a touch of dried root out of my pocket and arrive at down to take care of it to her.

She crunches on it joyfully when Namjoon hyung pulls his sword liberated from his belt and rides nearer to me. He brings up to the wide fields and I squint my eyes. I can faintly see dust being kicked up from a rider and his horse. I lift my hand flagging the Imperials to quit strolling, and we stand by as the horse draws nearer.

I can at last make out the rider to be Hoseok, one of Jungkook's warriors. I press my heels into silver's flank and hurry to meet him, the others following intently behind.

"Queen! Urgent letter from Lord Jungkook." Hoseok staggers from his horse and rushes to my side. He hands me the scroll and I waste no time in unfolding it. In his messy script Jungkook has written that they found the West Lord and his warriors. They plan to attack at nightfall.

"What does it say Tae ?" Jin hyung questions softly from his horse. I clench the paper in my fists and for the first time in what seems like forever, I feel hope.

"They found them. They found jaehyunie and they plan to attack at nightfall." Terror soon replaces any happiness at the thought of my little son being in the midst of battle. Tears prick at my eyes but I close them to keep them at bay. I have to show strength for my imperials. I fold the letter up and slide it in my pouch. I pull silver around to face my warriors.

"Chanyeol,you and Namjoon hyung will ride back with Hoseok and I. Yoongi you will stay and keep guard over jimin and Jin hyung and to help command the Imperial in my absence."

Jimin looks relieved to have yoongi stay behind with them but jin hyung looks to Namjoon hyung with a slightly worried twist to her lips.

"Gather all but a handful of the fighters. The others will stay behind to keep watch over the Imperials." Namjoon hyung nods and he and Chanyeol set out to give my commands. I slide from silvers back and jimin rushes to my side. He grips my hand in his and his eyes water.

"Are you sure you must go as well Queen? It will be dangerous." His concern is touching and I smile slightly at him.

I pat his arm, and he releases his death grip on my hand. Jin hyung waddles over to us, and he hugs me as tightly as his stomach will allow.

"Be safe Tae." I can see the worry shining in his eyes not only for Namjoon hyung but for me as well. I wrap him tightly in my arms and whisper, "I am sorry hyung, you had to stay away from your kids.. "

"They are with their granny Tae, don't worry about me. We will find jaehyunie soon yeah?.., Take care of yourself"

"I will hyunh. I need you to help yoongi lead our Imperials until Jungkook and I return." He wipes his eyes and nods, a fire of determination in his eyes.

I lead silver behind me and tie her to a post that has been hastily staked into the ground. I crouch down to rummage through my packs, pulling out my little knifes gifted to me from Jungkook.

I strap them to my thighs and hide one in my boot. I tighten my jewel dagger on my belt and pack some things for Jungkook and for Jaehyunie. I tie them to silvers saddle and I look up when I hear the crunch of hooves.

Namjoon hyung, Hoseok and Chanyeol stand before me, followed by our fighters. I leap onto silvers back and raise my fist in the air.

"We will ride fast to fight alongside our Lord and our fellow warriors. Let the great ancestors guide us"

The warriors and fighters hold up their various weapons and scream their cheers. I take one last look behind me at our Imperials and then kick my heels, spurring silver into a run. The sounds of hooves thunder behind me as I look ahead to where Jungkook awaits.

...

The sun is just starting to set when we see the small camp set up. I spot jungkook sitting, conversing with his warriors and my heart leaps. I push silver faster and pull her to a stop along the tents.

I jump from her back and sprint through the camp. Jungkook rounds the corner and I jump into his arms. I wrap my arms and legs around his massive frame and cling to him with all the strength in my body. He engulfs me in his embrace and holds me so tightly I can barely breathe.

I can hear the others conversing around us as the fighters join the camp but all I can see is jungkook, my Lord..my beloved.
I grip his face in my hands and crush my lips to his. He grips the back of my neck as our tongues dance together in a never ending kiss. Someone coughs and Jungkook reluctantly releases my mouth to growl at Namjoon hyung.

He merely smiles.

"How I have missed you." It's only been a few days since jungkook left but my heart was empty without him. Without jaehyunie, and now his emptiness was killing me. Now having him in my arms and jaehyunie so close in finding fills my heart with joy.

He gazes down at me with such love and open longing. I snuggle against his hand, and he sighs before moving away from me. I follow, and he points out to a camp in the distance.

"That is where that West Lord and his warriors have made their camp. Our scouts have reported back that their tent is in the middle of the camp, and we suspect that is where they have Jaehyun." Jungkook clenches his hands when he says Jaehyun's name and I place my hand on his bicep. He looks down at me, his dark rimmed eyes full of anguish for our little babe.

"We will get him back ." Jungkook lifts my hand and brushes a gentle kiss to my knuckles.

"I know my beloved. I will find Jaehyun, my son, my heart. And I will kill West  Lord and bring our son back safe to you." I nod my head along, listening until his words sink in. I pull away from him and place my hands on my hips.

"What do you mean bring him back to me? I'm going with-

Jungkook looks down at me and frowns.

"You will stay here with Namjoon and be safe my queen."

Namjoon hyung opens his mouth like he wants to argue but quickly closes it at the quelling look jungkook gives him. He may tower over my much shorter frame but that doesn't stop me from glaring up at him and poking my finger in his chest.

Jungkook huffs but doesn't back down.

"Like hell I am staying here when you and jaehyunie need me. I am coming with you into battle and I will find that bitch who stole my son. I will gut her and let the birds feast on her entrails." I grip jungkook's robe and tug him down to face level with me.

"So don't even try to stop me." Jungkook watches me silently. Finally, he smirks at me and grips the back of my head in his large hand.

"Yes great Queen" Jungkook smashes his lips to mine and everything else fades away.

-----

I sit beside Namjoon hyung and Hoseok on our horses as we watch jungkook and his fighters charge into the camp, their screams almost deafening. We watch the fighting commence and see West Lord run from his tent, his Sword held high in the air. I look to Namjoon hyung and hoseok and we ride silently into the camp.

-------
Hey.. So here is the next chapter. Please vote, comment and share.
Keep liking it. Thank you so much for 1k votes on this story guys. I love you<3

Any thoughts?

Thanking you:
Niki