To The Moon

*Vote, Comment, and Enjoy*

I was having the time of my life. We went into the city and did some shopping. The people, the sights. It was absolutely breathtaking. We had two more days left and a local told us about the northern lights. Apparently where the cabin was, was the perfect place to see them. So Derrick planned a romantic evening inside. When he ordered food and bought wine I didn't know. I was so mesmerized just looking around and taking pictures with Derrick's thousand dollar camera. That thing took pictures that seemed unreal. "You finally relaxed completely."

Yesssss. There was so much art and the music around. I bought some things for Jo and even thought about my sisters. I ignored their calls but I got them a gift. We got back to the house and Derrick started another fire before creating the sweetest date ever. "So you don't want me to help?" "No." "Why not?" "Why can't you just let do this for you?" "Okay okay fine. I guess we can just talk while I watch you." Derrick looked over his shoulder, seeing her fuck me eyes twinkling at him. "Let's talk then." "Why do you have a lion tatted on your chest?"

" "Why do you have a lion tatted on your chest?"

He stood up straight, letting out a breath. Time for this story. "I got it at the end of sophomore year. Got drunk with Dean and we decided to go have some fun to celebrate our last day of finals." "Who is Dean?" "I keep forgetting your haven't met Dean yet. Dean is my best friend. Started out as my trainer. I was starting to come out into my own a little. Character change happened dramatically. But we had been drinking for way too long and his simple mind decided he wanted some ink. We walked down the street from a bar and a car stopped. The window let down and we saw two girls trynna get our attention."

I had a feeling that Dean was Derrick's Jo. He couldn't not laugh once he mentioned him. I was certain they had plenty of wild stories together. "This dumb ass starts barking." "Like a random man?" "No Dean. He's a Que." Mel blinked a few time, deciding to let Derrick keep telling his story. "The girls are squealing all excited and get out. They're in the middle of the street racing over to talk to us and I'm not going to lie. The attention was nice. I was talking to ol girl and she whispered some shit and I growled. Guess it was loud enough for Dean to hear and he interrupted the conversation.

Next thing I know he's like yo wait you can do that growl shit!? Nigga swore we was about to get panties for days. Forgot we already had two perspectives in front of us and just went to the tattoo shop. Got in there and the lion was born. I will say that growl has gotten me in trouble in some cases and some were pretty decent." "So you're a Que?" "No. You'll never catch me barking at a damn thing. I wasn't big on fraternity life and I was making progress without it so why join?" Mel hummed as she looked at him with an I don't believe you face.

"What is it Mellie?" "Oh nothing. So you just do it when you see a woman you want to smash?" "No." "No?" "No. I know you've noticed. It's part of my character." "Part of his character?" Maybe I was being nosey but everything he said dug deeper into who he was. What he was into. I just kept asking questions since I wasn't allowed to do anything but sit in front of the fire and drink tea. I was waiting to see when he would get annoyed with me asking but he just kept talking. Didn't even have to look at me to explain anything. Just created a sexy ass ambience.