You Comfort Me

*Coming at you with the part 2 to Decide. Vote and Comment*

If you would've asked me if I ever planned to be physically fit the answer would always be hell fucking no. But being with Derrick had me doing things I never thought I would. The next day I looked up some stretches at lunch while Jo was talking about whatever in my ear. I was focused and on a mission. He gave me a daily task and I was determined to follow through. When Jo realized what I was looking up, she mentioned yoga and what did I do? Look up yoga studios. I quickly set up sessions right after work.

"Did you tell Derrick this?" Of course. He was actually happy that I did that. So instead of me staying longer with him after work, I was heading to yoga which gave him time to do some sketches before heading home. After a couple of days I was starting to realize that yoga was helping me de-stress as well and I definitely needed it. Things were looking up. I was taking everything Dawn told me which had me feeling like I could take on the world and always had me ready to jump Derrick everytime he was in front of me. I was starting to see that glow Jo kept harping about.

"I feel a shift in your tone. What happened?" It all started on that Friday. It was a great day. We had gotten through 3 meetings before noon and Mr Tanaka had finally approved one of Derrick's designs. That was the biggest win of the week and a celebration was in order. So instead of staying at work, Derrick wanted to grab a bite and take a drive out in the country. Oh but good things never remain. "So can I drive?" Mel asked as they stepped off the elevator. "You can drive something but it won't be the car today." "Why not?" She pouted, feeling him drape his arm over her shoulder.

Leaning down he whispering into her ear. "Unless you don't want this surprise, I suggest you fix your face." She bit her bottom lip, removing the pout. She giggled when he nipped her earlobe. She leaned her head onto his chest, both of them hearing a lingering voice coming from the front desk. "What do you mean she's not in her office now? You just said she was." "She was but it is lunch and it seems she nor Mr Collins are in office." "Just call her Brenda," Mel heard June say. She stopped walking, there was no way in hell Brenda and June was back at her job.

Derrick looked at her puzzled. "What's wrong?" "I think that's-" "There she is!" "Melinda!" Watching Mel tense up, Derrick's face held nothing but displeasure. Holding his hand out, he looked Mel in the face. The words Trust me all she could see when she looked up at him. Interlocking their fingers, the two continued their trek to the exit. "We've been calling you missy," Brenda tossed out as she and June approached the couple. The hand holding on display hard to miss. "I know you have Brenda. I blocked you for a reason. How are you Junie?" Mel asked, deliberately ignoring Brenda.

"I'm tired Mel. But you're coming to the gender reveal right?" June was about 5 months pregnant. It didn't even phase me. I even rubbed her little belly while Brenda was running her loud ass mouth. "Next Saturday right?" Mel asked. "Mmhmm. You can come too Derrick if you want," June offered getting nudged by Brenda. An action that didn't sit right with Derrick. "Why are you ignoring me Melinda?" Shrugging her shoulders, Mel felt Derrick squeeze her hand. Why did she think she could do that in front of him? "I don't want to talk to you. You swore." "Oh really? Fine then how about Derrick and I have a conversation since you won't say anything to me?"

"No," Derrick sternly stated. Mel couldn't hinder her snickering. Brenda really thought she was going to go through Derrick to get to me and I found it comical. I was trying to be serious but I couldn't. "Why did you find it so funny?" Why? Just because Derrick was a professional and all out nice man, he could be.... an ass in some people's eyes. I knew that he was protecting me and my mental but my sister didn't take it that way at all. "Excuse me?" Brenda stated. "I said NO. You and I have nothing to discuss."