Fortunate

*I'M TELLING YALL NOW THIS CHAPTER AIN'T EDITED SO USE CONTEXT CLUES IF SOMETHING DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. VOTE AND COMMENT LOVELIES!*

"Did things begin to look up for you guys? As far as work and otherwise." Yeah. Things got sorted and everything. Derrick told me how Ryan had been siphoning money out and covering his tracks but if it hadn't been for Jo going over a single file, he wouldn't have seen it coming. Apparently Ryan had planned to take about 5 times more than he had been doing over the past couple years because the next project Derrick had lined up was a billion dollar project. So when Jo noticed the budget completely off she sent the screenshot straight to Derrick. By the time they got everything together Ryan was arrested for stealing over 6 million dollars and Jo was now the Senior Financial Analyst for HDR Foundations.

Once that was settled, Derrick was back home every night and things were back to normal. We had went and picked up our newest dog Belle a couple days after all that. She was 2 years old and wasn't as stocky as Beaux. Like some Beauty and the Beast shit. She was a bit hyper. You could tell she hadn't been trained. So when we brought her home and introduced her to Beaux, he seemed to forget his training as well for a moment until Derrick snatched him up by his collar with his bare hands. I learned that not much of shit scared Derrick because he did crazy shit like that and didn't flinch at Beaux growling at him again.

Since Beaux wanted to assert his dominance still, Derrick decided to put a pronged choker on him until he mellowed out. He swore it wouldn't cause pain but it let Beaux know who was in charge and that it wasn't him. As far as Belle. She was stuck by Derrick's side. I was starting to feel what he was feeling about Beaux being always by me. That weekend we went hiking with both of the dogs for the first time. "You actually went hiking without question?" Yeah. Being with Derrick had me doing shit I never did before. I actually was the one who mentioned hiking.

Putting the harness on Belle and Beaux, Derrick looked over his shoulder seeing Mel walking over with the leashes. Workout pants and a sports bra the only things covering her body aside from her Nikes. He licked his lips as he took the leashes from her. Her growing pudge making him smile. She was absolutely adorable as she progressed in this pregnancy. "Before we go I need to give you something." "What's that?" She asked as she quickly put her hair in a ponytail. Reaching in his pocket he held out a small box with a ring in it. Mel cocked her head to the side seeing the band.

"What's that?" "This is a ring for you to wear at all time. While we're hiking or just out in public things could happen. Slip and fall, broken bones, get lost. Anything could happen and this ring has a tracker in it. It's very small you won't ever find it. Seems just like a regular ring to every other person. Your heartbeat is also read by the ring." "Wait what? How?" "Technology is very beautiful. It's not linked to an online system but I will be able to feel your heart beat and you would be able to feel mine through your ring. As long as you wear it, I'll be able to find you if you're ever away from me. It will help me sleep at night."