Chapter 32

Shehnaz was scrolling through her phone when the door opened.
She looked and saw Sara enter the room without knocking and with that 'Hakk'.
Sara didn't look at Shehnaz but looked at sidharth and said- What do you want to eat for breakfast?
Sidharth looked at Shehnaz who was looking at Sara keenly.

Sidharth- Anything she would like to have! Wait we should make her try that pancakes you made me taste.
Shehnaz didn't miss the 'we'; she held the end of her shirt tightly to not give up any expression.
Sara looked at Shehnaz who smiled at her and said- Anything would work.
Sara nodded stiffly and said- Anything else you would like to have?
Sidharth- Coke?
Shehnaz- Smoothie?
Sidharth and Shehnaz looked at each other.

Sara crossed her arms and said- No coke for you Mr. Khan!
Sidharth- I was saying it for her! She likes it a lot !
Sara looked at Shehnaz shocked and then realised something which she couldn't for the past 5 years.
She fisted her hands while Shehnaz slowly spoke- I don't drink coke.. anymore..! I will have one smoothie please.
Sara nodded and left while Sidharth looked at her confused.

Sidharth- Didn't you liked coke a lot ?
Shehnaz- I did.
Sidharth- Then?
Shehnaz let out a little breath and said- Sidharth it was 5 years back.
Sidharth felt a huge slap on his face when he relaized that it has been 5 years and she won't be the same; she would definetly have different choices but somewhere he hoped she still didn't have the different one.

Shehnaz saw the expression on his face as it was grave and hurt but he looked down at the files.
Shehnaz thought for a moment and said- Do you want to see some pictures from New York of the couple's I clicked?
Sidharth nodded.
Shehnaz smiled and got up and dragged her chair near him but maintained a little distance.
She switched on her camera and started to show her pictures with excitement.

Shehnaz- Watch See! Here I was literally under the water clicking it! Isn't it beautiful?
Sidharth looked at her titling her body towards him and looking at the pictures with such spark and happiness.
It was so infectious that he got infected too.
He looked at her smile and slowly said- Very beautiful.
Shehnaz oblivious of the situation smiled as she showed pictures.
Shehnaz- See this wedding photograph; here we shot this in Greece! Sidharth GREECE IS SO BEAUTIFUL! You need to see it once.
Sidharth smiled and said- I have been there!

Shehnaz- You have? Aah!
Just when the picture was of Ryan holding Shehnaz's hand in a way as if he was proposing. Shehnaz's eyes widnded and she was about to switch off the camera when Sidharth held her wrist and stopped her.
He took the camera- snatched the camera from her and looked through their pictures with his jaw ticked.
Sidharth switched it off and looked straight into her eyes and said- Is he your Mr. Wrong?

Here goes nothing Shehnaz thought.
Shehnaz took in a deep breath and was about to say something when the door opened and Sara came in and said- Your breakfast!
Shehnaz got up from her seat and went back to the original one and sat down quietly.
As silence filled in the room; everyone quietly had the food.
Sara started to talk to Sidharth and Shehnaz was feeling way awkward there.

The god's messenger looked at god with a annoyed look and said- Why is she feeling awkward? They were together since birth!
God smiled and said- When there's a huge gap between two people irrespective of how long you have been together; it feels like a cliff.
Shehnaz feels a misfit here; because Sidharth and everyone had kind of adapted to a new person and she felt like an extra or a stranger. It's normal for her to feel that.
The god's messenger pouted sadly and munched on his pancake and read on.

Shehnaz- Today is the Haldi ceremony so I'll take a leave?
Sara nodded and Sidharth just looked at her once and then back at the file.
Sara- Sidharth we will also leave after some time please.
Sidharth nodded looking at her.
She picked up her bag and her camera and looked at Sidharth one last time who was talking with Sara and quietly got out.