Chapter one

Gaara's POV~

I watched my dad yell at my sister Temari for not having dinner ready when he got home from work which was 5 minutes ago, I don't know why dad is always so angry all the time, he gets mad at me the most though, even I haven't done anything to anger him.

He always says I'm the reason mom is gone and at first I believed him and thought I killed mom but Temari said it wasn't my fault and she died giving birth to me which is completely natural to happen to women when they give birth sometimes.

I know she wouldn't lie to me, she is always looking out for me by cooking for us and helping me get ready for the day sometimes, especially when she makes my favourite, salted tongue and gizzard.

My brother kankuro says my taste in food is gross but I don't care cause his face is gross to look at anyway. his taste in makeup is odd but he can do whatever he wants I guess

Kankuro isn't so bad to play with but sometimes he will trip me with his quirk, puppet strings well that's what he calls it but I think it's a lame name for his quirk, he can control the movements of his opponents with his strings and he would also use them for his daily activities too.

Conveniently the most he uses it for in his daily life is tripping me while I'm playing but one time he tripped me while I was going down the stairs, he says it was an accident but I know he did it on purpose and one day I will get payback.

Temari's quirk had to do with wind, she can control the wind to a certain extent but she uses a fan to make it easier to control, but she doesn't use it a lot unless she's hitting kankuro with her fan which I think is pretty funny, but then kankuro cries, its annoying but it's still funny since he looks funny while he cries.

I haven't gotten my quirk yet but I should get it soon, dad isn't too happy with me for not having a quirk yet, he says it makes me an even more waste of space and money but I'll prove him wrong when I get my quirk and I'll be really strong, way stronger than him.

Dad's quirk is gold sand, dad has a  sand quirk but it's golden, his golden sand makes his sand much more durable and strong but the downside was his sand is much slower than regular sand.

I don't know what Mom's quirk was, when I asked dad he got really mad at me for bringing her up to him and started beating me for a while, I'm sure her quirk was really strong too.

I saw dad walking towards me but he didn't spare me a glance only a body shove which sent me to the ground while he was walking by "watch it you annoying pest" while muttering something else but I couldn't hear what 

I got up and walked to the living room where Temari was watching tv "Temari? Can I watch tv with you" she turned around to me and smiled "sure Gaara" she patted the spot next to her as to tell me to sit next to her.

I walked over to the couch and climbed on and crawled over to Temari and laid on her side, she turned the tv on and switched over to the news channel, I like to watch the news to hear about heroes, 

I don't have a favourite hero but Temari likes eraser head but he's an underground hero and doesn't make an appearance on tv a lot but he's still cool maybe he can be my favourite hero too

All might was on the tv with his big smile after saving many people once again, I smiled and leaned forward with stars in my eyes, I always wanted to be a hero to save people and make sure people will be able to go back home to their family who loves them.

I turned to Temari with a smile "Temari do you think I can be a hero?" She looked at me with her usual soft smile "of course you can Gaara! I'll be there to support you the whole time yea?"