Chapter thirty-one

third pov

the week has passed slowly and throughout the week his body was pushed past his limits almost every day but his training was well worth it as he felt his body get stronger, along with his quirk.

gaara's training has been going well, he can't say the same when he isn't training. that kid is a thorn in his side that never goes away, Kota has made snide remarks almost every time he see's Gaara.

once Kota followed Gaara and pixie-bob to his training and wouldn't stop making annoying comments about him wanting to be a hero and how bad he was with his quirk, even shukaku finds the kid annoying as hell.

"okay Gaara, we're going to try something different now," pixie bob said as she put her hands together, the ground started to rumble and an earth beast emerged from the ground and looked down at gaara's small frame compared to the beast.

"you'll be sparring against this big boy here" pixie bob explained, Gaara nodded and sand started to come up from the ground and towards the beast "hold on!" the pro yelled out

gaara's sand stopped in its tracks and fell back to the ground, he turned his head in question at pixie bob "I wasn't done yet, you will be sparring against my beast with your own"

Gaara furrowed his eyebrows and nodded, he knew he had a hard time controlling sand clones but he finds controlling a large sand beast even harder, he usually makes a smaller version of shukaku.

"Okay, let's do this" pixie box snapped her fingers which motioned the earth beast to make its way to Gaara, slowly but with its large steps, it would take no time for it to reach Gaara.

Gaara put his hands together and closed his eye to focus, 5 seconds later he was having trouble forming a small version of shukaku, he can feel pixie bobs earth beast making its way towards him.

Gaara grunted in frustration, he then started to feel as if he had better control of his quirk, the warm feeling in his cheat felt as if he was going to burst.

just as he was forming a dense sand form he was interrupted by a voice suddenly speaking up from the side.

"you can't even make a little beast? how do you expect to be a hero?" Kota's voice rang through both gaara's and pixie bob's ears, pixie bob quickly stoped the beast's advancement "Kota! what are you doing here?!"

gaara's eye twitched ever so slightly, Gaara sent Kota a glare from the corner of his eye, Kota felt a chill go down his spine but kept the unbothered look on his face.

unknown to Kota, sand arms came from the ground and came from behind him, while pixie bob was scolding Kota she was startled by Kota screaming "Kota?!" she alarming looked at Kota and was shocked to see his head sticking from the ground.

Gaara had pulled him into the ground, trapping him "ack! you- you let me out of here!!" Kota yelled at Gaara who only stared at him and turned around "don't talk shit if you can't handle the consequences"

Kota scowled and continued to yell at him, he even asked pixie bob for help but she just laughed and left him there for a while, it was too funny not to laugh at the scene, it looked like he was a talking bodiless head.

Gaara smirked thinking back to that moment, watching him struggle and get frustrated was quite amusing to him, he finally got what he deserved and he didn't get in any trouble for his actions.

"do you have to leave? why can't you stay with me forever!??" a loud voice said close to gaara's ear, which he scrunched up his face in annoyance "yes, and I would not like staying with you forever, a week is enough."