Chapter three

Third POV~

Three months have passed now and Gaara's dad has sent two other assassins to kill him, one each month but he would also train Gaara which doesn't make sense to him, one moment he wants him dead and sends people to kill him but also trains him to become number one hero?

Tonight was Gaara's breaking point and he was more paranoid more than anything, he wasn't able to sleep at all, knowing someone is coming to kill him at any moment and when he least expects it, although shukaku said he will protect him while he sleeps his fear is still there.

Gaara is laying in bed wide awake, waiting for something to happen or someone to show up and it seems like his paranoia wasn't for nothing, as a person came through his window and stood above him at the bottom of his bed, Gaara faked sleeping to not get caught 'shukaku..please help..me'

As much Gaara hates asking for help he can't do anything in this situation, he's a child. he barely started training what do you think he can do against an assassin none less, they have years of experience. nothing he can't do anything to fight back.

Sand started to swirl around Gaara and a large sand arm formed and extended towards the assassin which frightened them, they reluctantly accepted this job as much as their morals go of not killing a child, a 6-year-old child no less but the money was too much to decline.

"Wha-what the hell!" The person back up, they didn't expect this child to be able to fight back "I-I'm sorry but I don't want to die.." the child looked at them with such fear and sorrow "why does dad want to kill me so bad.."

the boy teared up while clutching his shirt, the assassin wasn't aware that this child was the employer's son, why would someone want to kill their own child?! That's way past messed up, they can't help but feel bad cause this child in front of them is barely 6 years old, and it seems like this isn't the first time he was attempted to be killed.

"n-no! wait please!" The sand arm didn't falter but instead wrapped around them harshly, the air in their throat was forcefully knocked out of their body and they started to wheeze trying to gasp for air, while also clawing at the sand "if this is what I have to do to survive.. and become a hero I want to be I'll do it."

Was the last the person heard before taking their last breath on this earth before their whole body was crushed, blood splattered all over Gaara's room but there wasn't a single blood splatter on him.

Gaara stared down at the lifeless body in regret, is this the meaning of life? what is the meaning of life anyway? kill or be killed? why him? what has he done that was so wrong his own dad wanted to kill him. he was smart, skilled and talented what more does he want from him!

his door was slammed open harshly which made Gaara look at the person responsible in fear, father stood at the doorway in absolute rage his breath was uneven and fast "you! why won't you just die already! you killed my wife!! you killed her! you took everything from me!"

he started to make his way over to Gaara to do who knows what but he was held back by kankuro who woke up to the racket "hey! stop it what's going on!? and why is there blood and a dead body!" kankuro spotted the corpse but it's hard not to see the blood spatters that covered the room.

Temari came running in and when she did she screamed in terror of the room "what the hell happened!? oh my god" the room reeked of the smell of iron they both turned to their dad expecting him to explain but he didn't "this little fucking piece of shit won't die no matter how many times I try to get rid of him! he killed my wife!"

both siblings looked at him in shock and terror "you tried to fucking kill him!? what the fuck is wrong with you!" kankuro looked at his piece of shit dad, Temari ran over to Gaara who look terrified and shaken and held him in her arms.