Chapter Seven

AUTHOR'S NOTE
i was wondering if i should add some lemon.... But then, i realize there are younglings here that are reading Miraculous. I myself is young T__T bless my tainted mind, so i don't want to influence kids below the age of 18 or whatever age, adults are. In addition, my mom is on Wattpad.
I don't want getting pulled on the ear huehue..

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

∘˚˳°✧sᴇᴠᴇɴ||

You watch Adrien eating his breakfast. You were unashamed at how you examine his every move, but it seems the boy is shy.

You didn't know why you have such an effect on him. It was really impossible for him to fancy you because all you did was be cruel to him, hurting his feelings when you can.

"Let's have a truce" you said and Adrien made a clanking noise after you said that. The shock was evident on his face, and you even saw when it turned to hope in which you'll surely crush once he finds out that the real reason for your words was just to know if they were planning something.

"Of course!—i..i mean, sure" he mumbled and smiled shyly making you daze for a moment.

What were you feeling? He always caught you off guard.

"Uhh.. Y-Y/n?" You purse your lips before shaking your head, giving him a helpless smile.

"I was just thinking something" you said and started to eat your food, indicating that you don't want to talk.

   Adrien never knew this day would come. He was starting to feel hopeless until you finally said the word "truce".
He was ecstatic and no one, not even Hawkmoth can destroy his mood. The shine on his eyes were visible to anyone that can see it. Adrien was literally glowing with happiness as he secretly watch you under his eyelids while eating.

Whenever you raise your head, he would look down and continue eating—not knowing of his reddened ear that makes you show a smirk from time to time.

'why the fuck am i smiling at something so inconvenient?'

You groaned and put your palm on your forehead while looking down. This action, made Adrien curiously look at you wondering what your are thinking, until his phone beeped.

Adrien took it out of his pocket and take a look before glancing at you.

"Father is—"

"Yeah, i know. Let's go"

Adrien nodded and called the waiter, asking for the bill, once it was all done, the two of you silently walk towards Gabriel's room.
You were deep in thought while Adrien was in his own world two.

'i shouldn't call for a truce—no... It's fine, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas'

You repeated this lines in your head like a mantra, convincing yourself that you would eventually forget what happens here.
But how wrong are you once you experience those blissful days.

"ARE YOU OK?"

You lowered your head while clenching your hand when Adrien exited his father's room.
It took every cell of your being not to curse Gabriel Agreste, but thankfully you stopped yourself.

"If you don't want to... I- i can go alone, you know"

You blink, before you raise your head and wryly smiled at the guy. Stop.
Putting your hand on top of his head, you mess his hair. stop!

"It's fine, i can join you at the galla as your partner" It's just that... it hurts when someone calls you...chess piece

That's right, once you and Adrien entered the room. Gabriel ordered you to be Adrien's partner to garner some attention to his fashion line as his chess piece. His puppet that would also make gain more attention.
Of course, unlike any other girl, you were more mannered—except for those times that you slam the door at his face, but nonetheless mannered

In this rich environment, people tend to see etiquette to know one's personality (according to them) and you being that kind of girl...

People would find you and Adrien a perfect match.

When you and Adrien went back to the room, you went to the sofa and lay down while thinking.

You wonder if people wouldn't question your background, or why Gabriel still kept you when you're fallen into ruins already.
He wouldn't gain anything from you, you're moneyless and abandoned.

Since the beginning, you wonder how your parents met Gabriel in the first place, or why they have that kind of debt. Your Father was simply a office man, and your mother a housewife.

'this shit is already hurting my head'

You massaged your temple, until you felt a hand on your wrist and you look up.
You gave a subtle smile not quite shock that Adrien notice your discomfort earlier.

"Let me massage your head"
He said, and you raise you upper body as he sat down.
You lay your head on his lap, look up to him.

Adrien wasn't meeting your eyes as he give his attention at your forehead with his fingers press on your temple. You gave a shush hum as your close your eyes in relaxation.

You were suspicious of him.

But you were also thankful that he's here.

'free service' you thought making you snort

"What is it?" Adrien ask and you shook your head, nudging his hand to continue.

Slowly, as he press and massage at your temple, you succumb into another sleep.

Who was Adrien Agreste?
He's just a love sick fool, who'll do anything for the girl he loves, knowing that he won't have her affection in return.

Everyone might wonder, why, despite everything that you have done, and him having a lot of girls to choose from, he still chooses you.

It was because, he found similarities with you, you weren't any other girl who fantasize about him, or the girl who would chase after him for autograph, you were a girl, the same as him trap in an endless maze, contemplating about life itself.

"Fool"

That was what you mumbled unconsciously before you have fallen asleep, and Adrien smiled at that word.

"I'm really such a fool"

He mumble, leaning down and giving your forehead a chaste kiss, and once he realizes what he had done, he burst in flames.

•°•.✧ᴇɴᴅ||