Chapter Twenty-One

∘˚˳°✧ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ||

Panic...

Anger...

Fear...

You didn't know what to do anymore. There were many overwhelming emotions inside you that you don't know what to feel, what to show or what to say.

You wanted your day to be peaceful. Accompany Adrien to his photoshoot, do some errand like an assistant then go home and sleep. You didn't want this .. you didn't want your mother and your brother seating across you and Adrien as they talk like you two are not there.

You didn't want to be here... Clearly your parents already abandoned you, not showing themselves during graduation, or even call or message you to ask how are you but no! You didn't even receive a single dot, word, sigh, just a sign that they're still alive.

They don't care about you... You made up your mind.

"Ehem!" You faked cleared your throat to stop the two and just get this done with as soon as possible. Adrien also looks like his composure is wearing thin since he's been drag here during work.
Despite him hating photoshoot, he would just choose that than be here and seat like an air, existing but also not.

"Oh I'm sorry" your mother said and sighed, looking at Lucas before handing the boy his fork to eat while you watch with cold eyes.

"What do you want Mrs (L/n)?" You ask, disregarding her reaction.

"I..i.." she stuttered before she cough..

"I just want to apologize" your eyes turned colder.

Fuck..sorry? That's all?

"I... it's not that we didn't want you but... We were—your father and i.. we don't know what to do anymore..i didn't want to give you but we don't know what to do with the debt. So..so we ask for Gabriel's help.....---------"

~

You run your way towards your destination where Luka wanted to meet you. Dark bags were forming under your eyes and people could notice the tiredness in them.
The rim on your eyes were also red, an indication that you just cried.

It's been 3 days when you saw your mother—no..if ever you'll call her like that once more.
You were stressed, barely sleeping and barely eating and Alya and your other friends notice it too.

Adrien, the person who was with you when that woman told you the truth sometimes looks at you with worry, going back to his old days, watching over you like a mother hen.

Fuck... Sometimes you just wanted to bash your head against a concrete wall and lay motionlessly on the road.

Life can really be tiring and a major disappoinment sometimes.

Sighing in relief when you saw Luka on his phone seating on the same bench where you and him pretended  everything's alright.
You nervously walk to him, loud footstep causing Luka to look at you with a smile.
You faltered when you saw something deep in those eyes, for some reason it made you felt fear and uncertainty as he patted the space beside him.

Loud heartbeat.

You already knew what's this is. It scares you how Luka could bring so much fear in you.