(Two Heroes Finale) Chapter 5 The Next Generation

No one's POV

David: Yes, I have finally gotten it back...This device and research data are the only things I would never give to anyone.... I'll never give it up...!

Sam: Everything's going according to plan, isn't it? It looks like the Villains are doing well, too.

David: Thank you. It was because you arranged everything for me Sam.

Melissa: Papa...

The two of them looked shocked to see Melissa, Nhazul and Izuku, as Melissa looked completely and utterly shocked.

David: M-Melissa...

Sam: Miss, what are you doing here?

Melissa: What do you mean "arranged"...?

David: ...

Melissa: Papa, don't tell me you're the one behind this incident...?

David: ...

Melissa: I'm order to get that device...? Is that true, Papa...?

David just looked at Melissa, eventually speaking up.

David: It is.

Melissa, Nhazul and Izuku just looked at David shocked.

Melissa: What...? Why...?

Sam: The professor is only trying to get back what was stolen from him. This groundbreaking invention that mechanically amplifies Quirks....

Nhazul: What...?

Izuku: Amplifies Quirks...?

Sam: Yes, it's still in testing. But with this device, unlike with drugs, Quirks can be amplified without affecting the body. However, the sponsors confiscated this invention and research data. The research itself was also frozen. If this was made known to the world, then the structure of superhuman society would change drastically. Fearing that governments from different nations put pressure on him. That's why the professor...

Nhazul: You can't be serious...

Melissa: This is a lie, isn't it, Papa...? Tell me this is a lie!

David: It's not a lie.

Melissa: But it doesn't make sense! The Papa I know would never do anything like that! So why...? Why?!

David then looked down saddened.

David: It's for All Might...

Nhazul: All Might...?

David: You three probably don't know, but his Quirk is disappearing.

Both Nhazul and Izuku's eyes widened when David said that.

David: However, if we use my device then it can go back to normal. I can give him more abilities then he started with. The number#1 Hero... The Symbol of Peace...can get his light back again...and save many people once more!

Izuku's thoughts: Because All Might passed One For All on to me...

Nhazul's thoughts: He's willing to go this far for All Might... But even so, I'm not sure it would even work in the end...

David took the case from Sam, pleading this daughter, Nhazul and Izuku.

David: Please. Please let me have this device over to All Might. There's no time to remake it! After he gets it, I don't care what kind of punishment I receive.

Melissa: I've prepared myself... They risked their lives! What do you think Deku, Nhazul and their classmates went through to save the hostages?!

David then looked at Melissa genuinely confused.