Chapter 12 Frustrating Defeat

No one's POV

Currently, the next matches of the tournament have gotten underway, with Katsuki effortlessly beating Kaminari and moved on to the second round. The next match was now Sayoko vs Momo, as the two walked onto the stage.

Present Mic: Now, let's move on to the third match! First, the girl who is the daughter of the retired Hero Sannin, and name literally means generation child and monster strength to boot, from the Hero course Sayoko Hatake! Vs All purpose Creation! She was admitted through recommendations, so her abilities are certified! From the hero course, it's Momo Yaoyorozu!

Sayoko: Good luck, Momo!

Momo: Same to you!

Mono's thoughts: What Present Mic said is completely true. I'm up against Sayoko, and her raw strength can be extremely overwhelming. If I can create a shield that can withstand her blows, if I just give myself enough time to make a weapon-

Present Mic: Third match, start!

Momo: Huh?

Sayoko: Here I come, Momo!

Sayoko rushed Momo and barley being able to react, created a medium sized shield, blocking Sayoko's punch, sending her skidding back and cracked her shield, to the point of making it practically unusable.

Momo's thoughts: So much power

Momo's thoughts: So much power...! She practically destroyed the shield with just one hit... Should I created another one or-

Sayoko proceeded to rush Momo again, as she created another shield. Once again, Sayoko punched it, sending Mono skidding back even more. Once stopped. Momo looked and saw Sayoko not moving.

Momo's thoughts: Now's my chance!

Momo proceeded to create a new shield and a weapon, getting ready to fight, but Midnight called out.

Midnight: Momo! Out of bounds!

Momo looked shocked when she looked down and saw that she was out of bounds.

Midnight: Sayoko advances to the second round!

Present Mic: A complete overwhelming victory! Sayoko's raw strength is just too powerful!

Sayoko looked over at Momo and saw was looking down disappointed, as she continued to look saddened, she proceeded to walk away.

Sayoko: Momo...

After her match, Sayoko was making her way back to the stands and on the way, she ran into Nhazul and Tsunade.

Tsunade: Nice going out there.

Nhazul: Yeah, you were amazing. 

Sayoko: Yeah, but I think I hurt Momo in the process.

Nhazul: I mean, don't blame her for feeling frustrated. She probably thinks that it was child's play for you to beat her.