Chapter 1 | Sister

Kinza Ahmad كنزا احمد

A grin automatically makes its way up to my lips when cold calm breeze hits my soft skin, I wrap my self tighter with my thin shawl but my lips still tremble because of coldness. Loud screams, yells and cheers can be heard from my house which is happily decorated with colorful lights and flower as if to tell everyone that this is a 'wedding house'.

Yes, a wedding house, finally I'll be independent, I can't wait to live the life of independence, No room sharing, No bed sharing, No food sharing—goodness doesn't that sound just awesome? My sister who is currently single is going to mingle tomorrow with a very handsome guy who's beauty surprised me the next second dad showed his photo to us, and I even secretly prayed to Allah to also gift me a handsome husband like my sister has been gifted.

My sister is 23 years young, she is damn beautiful like sometimes I get jealous of her— not that I am not beautiful, we both are from same gene, so that's not possible, but what I mean is she is more of model type, and my face sharp cut round, I tried all the exercises to get a sharp jaw—the result is on my face, no use.

I trusted the comment section but they betrayed me, almost half of the comments said—don't look for more comments, trust me this exercise is a miracle, liars.

I Am beautiful but mostly because of my big eyes and small nose and short but average height I am labelled as cute. Let's not forget the round face.

All my freaking cousins are taller than me and that irritates me when they pushes me to the front when a group photo is taken. Like girl I am not that short, I am 5'2! There are people who are 4!

My cousins are not mean they are sweet, I live with a lovely family, an elder sister Zaina Ahmad who looks and behaves more mature than me she is a silent girl whereas I am loud as hell, I hate when people are silent, from my perspective silence only radiates the vibes of attending a funeral. But there is an exception to it, when I am silent I feel like telling the one who is loud to imagine their funeral. I know you already label me as a red flag, but it is what it is.

Zaina loves to study and well I am opposite, like she is too much she just now completed her Master and now again she is doing some other course—I mean how do you that? I am just in my 2nd year and I am already fed up of studying.

The family which is gonna be her second home soon are so sweet that they let her complete her studies, which is quiet surprising, because most of the asian people don't let their daughter in law study after wedding but these people are so so different. And That's why I quickly prayed to Allah to give me parent in law's just like Zaina's.

Dad's are always daughters favourite so there is nothing different in my life, your gonna get 'my dad is my superhero types of vibes here because he is one.

I am not attached to ammi as much as I am attached to abbu --because I feel like she hates me—okay that was a joke. I am a brat I agree I am a spoiled kid I agree to that too but that doesn't give Ammi the rights to compare me. Well, comparing is something she loves to do because she thinks kids will learn only after they are compared, you know what I think, I feel like reversing this policy on mothers I want to compare her with my aunty too and then sit back and ask her, how do you feel after being compared?

But I do not have that much guts so the only thing I could do is smile to irritate her. Okay, she is not as bad as I am portraying her she is lovely at times, yeah she takes Zaina's side always but dad is there to take my side. But that doesn't mean she can always take Zaina's side, but that also doesn't mean she does not love me, I am her own blood guys—I guess you understand what I am saying.