Chapter 20 | Innocent

Just when I was about to hold her from doing anything she might regret later another hard slap echoes through the silent corridor. The guy who was with aunty before rushes at the witness of this scene and before kinza slaps her again. I hold her wrist which was ready to slap her again and pulled her towards me.

"What the hell are you doing?" I mutter in hushed tone so only she could hear but she doesn't stop and fights against me to choose more violence "why the hell did you come now?! Was humiliating us infront of everyone not enough that you came and gifted us this surprise!!" She screams on top of her lungs forgetting that this is a hospital and she would be thrown out if she keeps yelling.

"You knew abbu is a heart patient yet you came just to do what?! Kill him?!" She sobs feeling powerless under my strength who is holding her back from doing anything "Kinza listen to me-" the girl in my arms again gets mad and screams on top of her lungs before throwing her legs in frustrated.

"I don't want to listen to any of your shit, get lost!! Say her to go!!" A gasp leaves my lips when she pushes me away with all her force just to go hit her sister, But I move fast and hold her by her waist before anybody else or the nurse could touch her.

She screams and curses in frustration and the mental breakdown she was going through after hearing her dad's health and chances of him being alive...she pours all the frustration out and not knowing how to handle her. I force her to hide her head on my chest.

"Shh calm down calm down" I whisper in her ear but only hear her mumbling the same words again and again "Tell her to leave please tell her to go" I nod at her words caressing her head to calm her down. My eyes stinging with tears seeing her like this.

"Sir please calm your wife. Or else we would be forced to take strict action" the nurse who took us to the doctor speaks in a stern voice and a loud gasp of surprise leaves Zaina's lips when the nurse mentions kinza as my wife.

"Yeah sorry" I mumble but do not break the hug, kinza doesn't hug me back looking all weak after the outburst.

"You guys are married" even after seeing Kinza in such vulnerable state Zaina does not leave her and opens her mouth when she should not.

I silently pray that kinza should not make another scene "let's go hmm?" I ask the girl who is pressed against my body as she looks up with those pair of painful eyes and gives me a subtle nods. My hand automatically moves up to wipe her tears.

"Kinza how can you marry him even after knowing..." she trails of while shaking her head in disbelief and at this incomplete sentence my eyebrows jump up in confusion.

When I hear kinza sobbing quietly I ignore the other girl and walk through the corridor towards the room where Kinza's father is.

5 hours later

"No...I am not hungry, please I'll eat later" she whines and shakes her head at my glare. Knowing that she is just going to stuff her mouth forcefully I still insist but she does not listen.

I glance over my shoulder to see Kinza's father lying on the bed still not awake which is scaring each soul present over here.

Aunty left just two hours ago to take some rest so kinza and I are the only on here but I need to leave now because of an important work and when Kinza saw me spacing out she scolded me for not handling my work when needed to so I'll be leaving now without wanting too.

I move my hand up to tuck her hair inside her hijaab which is messed up "I'll be leaving" I tell her as I fix her hijaab enjoying the baby face she is giving me when I am fixing her hijaab.