Chapter 4 | Cruel Decision

Farrah rubs my back up and down as I am sobbing quietly while sitting in the corner not knowing what to do but just cry when I see my Abbu's numb figure in the corner and Ammi who is sobbing loudly and Ayaan's Mom who is being the sweetest out of all, comforts her. Even after my sister ditching her son on his marriage.

"I am sorry just I am sorry!! What the fuck does that mean?!" My body trembles and flinches when the groom's father yells loudly loosing all his nerves when he reads the message again and again.

And what is literally shattering my heart into pieces is the grooms face, I can tell he is not a person who expresses alot just from the way he was only smiling when they were all loudly laughing at some joke and now the way he is standing in the corner doing nothing but looking down on the floor.

I can see the regret, pain and humiliation in his eyes yet he has a simple straight face as if he is not affected but eyes talk and I am a great reader. I can tell when someone is upset just by looking at their eyes.

"What the hell do you think I am gonna say to my whole clients who are in the hall waiting for my son to get married?!" I let out a loud gasp when Ayaan's father Ali Yusuf khan throws my phone on the floor out of rage. When I see Abbu flinch at his loud voice my whole body burns and my heart clenches hard at his vulnerable state. I quickly stand up to defend my Abbu.

"Uncle please...I-I know what my sister did is wrong, you have alrights to get upset, I apologise I am ashamed of my sister but there is nothing ammi and abbu could do...they are as humiliated and betrayed as you are...I am sorry, please please don't yell at my abbu" I cry but beg him to stop taking his frustration on abbu.

"Your sister left my son just like that and you ask me to stay calm, is it?" He throws daggers in to my soul and that is enough for my body to tremble at his growl. I peek at his son whose jaw is clenching hard as he is controlling his anger.

"I am sorry" I can only mumble that out, it's all our mistake there is no justification to give so we need to bare this humiliation because of my coward, selfish and self-centred sister who I never thought in my dream would to something like this.

"Your sorry doesn't correct anything, what the hell am I going to say to the guest?!" I quickly take a step back when he yells, scared if he will slap me in anger, I heard Man's do not have control over their anger and I am too weak to even take a push.

I stand there infront of him sobbing quietly when I hear Ayaan's mom, Fathima sighing. She walks towards his husband who is still fuming in anger.

She gives him a smile to calm him and soon he relaxes under her touch. "Stop yelling at that poor girl...what did she do? Or what did her parents do? Nobody wants to insult and humiliate themselves on their own right? If they knew about Zaina doing such thing they would have canceled the marriage so stop scolding them" before he could protest she shushes him up and I am taken a back from this scene.

From the corner of my eyes I can see Ryyaan flinching when his Dad was yelling loudly, from that scene I can tell he is a short tempered person. But that way Fathima Aunty calmed him is just so surprising yet beautiful at the power she holds.

"Marriage is not going to stop, Guest will not leave without eating and congratulating, Nikkah will happen, My son will get married today" My heart stops hearing her sentence and all our eyes snaps towards the groom's mom who is standing in the middle of the room stating something which can take every body's breathe away, But mostly mines.

"This is an Arranged Marriage so what if its Zaina or Kinza?" I stumble a step back looking at her with wide eyes when she states something which made me numb for a minute "What are you saying Fathima?" Her Husband questions her and she only smiles at him.

Farrah quickly holds me when she sees me stumbling and even fainting, I feel like a truck has hit me, I can't take so many things in one day. And No I would never marry him, he is not-he—he is—

"I am not saying anything wrong, think twice everybody, nobody wants to get humiliated infront of all the guest, my son is a great bachelor businessman and if the news spills out then the media is going to bombard are house, and we all know how media is and how cruel their words are. And about Kinza she is 20 and 20 is a legal age of getting married, about her studies you don't have to worry about that and you guys know how particular we are about studies. If she gets married to my son everything is going to fine, we don't have to worry about humiliation and other things" I bite my lips to not yell at the women who is making my life decision without even glancing at me.

I hate Zaina I freaking hate her, I can never forgive her, Never.

I look up to see Abbu looking at me with worry, and that glistening look in his eyes is enough for me to agree to whatever they say.

I stay quiet but soon warm hands cup my cheeks, I look up to see Fathima Aunty looking at me with a look which I cannot read.

"My child I know you must be hating me for taking your life decision but this is the only way to get away from this situation" No please don't do this I can't marry him, I can't I won't be able to marry him I am just 20 I have so many other things to do.

"Ayaan what do think darling?" I do not dare to look at his son who must be cursing on me, when I thought he will say something, I flinch when the door closes with a loud thud.

I can't even imagine what he is going through, everything happened because of Zaina. I can only blame her now.

His Mother let's out sigh but turns to look at me "Do you accept this marriage darling?" She asks me and I don't know what to say "I-I don't know" I quietly sob standing there "please think twice and answer sweetheart, I will go check on my son" My heart rips out of my chest at her words.

She walks away and when Farrah takes me towards the bed to sit "Kinza" I hug Ammi and cry on her shoulder "I hate her Ammi I hate her It's all because of her" she stays silent but let's me cry while holding her as she rubs my back to calm me.

"Kinza can you please accept this marriage for us baby?" She breaks my heart when she looks at me with those glistening eyes which are broken and betrayed from Inside. She always trusted Zaina more than me, since kid I was a brat but  Zaina was an obedient Mamma's girl and I know Ammi had lots of dreams about her marriage and Now I can tell she is the one who is hurting the most here.

I only hug her tightly telling her with my hug I can do anything for you Ammi, you gave birth to me and that reason is enough for me to stand near a truck for you.

I nod but peek at Abbu who is walking towards me, he is not crying but his heart is, his eyes tell how much he is broken from inside.

"I am sorry abbu" I feel like apologising for not being a good daughter when he did everything to protect us and earned for us to be in a good position and live in a big house. He hugs me and shakes his head, I rest my head on his stomach since he is standing infront of me, I have never hugged Abbu Maybe when I was kid I must have which I do not even remember.

How much ever close we were but hugging and all was awkward for us and this hug I am gonna remember for the rest of my life. Because maybe this is the first and last hug I am getting from him.

He does not say a single word because I know he will cry and let those painful tears out if he opens his mouth, and I hate to see him controlling his emotions.

A gasp leaves my lips when a glass shattering sound comes from the other room followed by yells, Abbu pulls me closer so I do not hear those yells but I can clearly hear it.

He hates him, and I understand.

............