Chapter 2 | Humilation

"I-huh?" I gulp feeling awkward but wrap my arm around her lean figure to hug her "take care of ammi abbu when I am not here" she mumbles ever so quietly and I only nod at that, tears filling up my eyes when it finally hits me she is leaving me, leaving us for good.

"Please...take care and do not panic if things go wrong, I know you are grown up and you will be able to handle everything but please don't feel weak because even if I am not near you I will be in your heart" she sniffs and now I realise she is crying for real, damn this is so new to me.

"Zaina?" I gulp the lump forming on my throat "Are you dying?" with a gasp a punch falls on my stomach, which was gifted by my sister.

It's not my fault she was talking as if she is dying and leaving us "Sis I know it's gonna be 30 minutes ride to come here and meet us with your husband but that doesn't mean we are gonna forget you, if your woman irritates me I am gonna call you up not gonna think twice about disturbing your couple time" I wink at the girl in order to make her blush but she shakes her head and only chuckles.

Gosh she is so boring, can't she act like a shy bride by now at the mention of husband or marriage I would have drowned in the ocean of shyness. But this girl--

"Kinza stop chitchatting and come here I need your help" Ammi yells from the other side which only results in me rolling my eyes, someone said she can manage without me and there is no work "what will happen to your woman If I am not there" I shake my head but grin when my sister laughs at my sentence, I love her laugh and I will miss her so much but not gonna admit that, my sibling ego doesn't let me say those cheesy lines.

I stand up to help my Ammi who looks helpless without me. Not before patting Zaina's head lovingly like a old woman, I grin when she smacks my hand away, I love annoying her.

I hope everything goes well tomorrow.

Next Day
Ayaan Yusuf Khan أيان يوسف خان

I nervously lick my lips while admiring myself in the giant mirror, my hands are cold from nervousness, how much ever bold and stern I act infront of everyone I am still a human I get nervous too and it's my wedding today how is that even possible if I do not get nervous.

I am getting married to my father's best friends daughter Zaina Ahmad who I have met twice and I am quiet happy with this marriage cause she is just like me silent, quiet and who loves to study.

I hope everything works right in between us, a small unknown smile appears on my lips when the small box which I have carefully placed in the closet comes in view.

Ammi said we should gift our wife on the night of our marriage so I bought a beautiful necklace which is very simple and sweet it has a small butterfly pendant and thin string is attached to it. It captured my eyes in the first sight and I already imagined how it will look on her and I am sure it will be beautiful.

I nervously breathe out but close the closet and walk out only to find ammi standing near the bed looking ethereal in the ethnic wear.

She grins at the sight of me and walks forwards to wrap her arms around my waist to hug me which she has already done thrice since I woke up.

"Darling, I want you to promise me that you will keep your wife happy and will not let a tear drop from those pretty eyes" she looks up at me and I only nod, she doesn't even know how I am planning on making her my queen, she is gonna be my first in everything and I already saved my heart to fall for the only woman which My parents choose.