28. Officially Meeting The Family

Lizzie nervously rocked back and forth on her heels as she stood in front of the Black house's front door

Lizzie nervously rocked back and forth on her heels as she stood in front of the Black house's front door. It would be the first time she'd be seeing Jacob's house let alone be inside of it. He was adamant about her coming over since the day Lizzie got back from the Volturi. Anything to avoid her family for a few hours.

The Cullens had recently moved back to Forks and, every chance she got, Alice was pressing for answers about Jacob. If Edward knew anything he was keeping quiet about it, though Lizzie doubted it. Knowing her brother and his disdain for the wolves, especially Jacob; always thinking he was a second away from stealing Bella from him. Alice must have been keeping her thoughts to herself for the meantime.

What no one knew though, except for Damon and Sammy, was that Lizzie was crossing treaty lines frequently or that the other wolves knew about it and her and Jake. It was a lot to ease the family into and she just hadn't found the best time for that explosion.

Lizzie finally found the courage and knocked on the door. Jacob opened it a second later, greeting her with a smile.

"Hey, beautiful. You okay?"

"Just nervous."

"Don't be," Jacob said and leaned down to kiss her on the cheek before leading her inside. "Dad, she's here."

Lizzie was surprised to see a smile on Billy Black's face as he wheeled himself into the living room. Billy stuck out a hand that she gladly shook.

"Don't look so scared, Lizzie."

"Hmm? Oh, it's just... "

"It was a shock at first, I admit but---"

"Dad's trying for my sake," Jacob explained as he wrapped a loose arm around Lizzie's waist.

"How am I doing?" Billy asked.

"Great. You're doing great, Mr. Black."

"Just call me Billy, hon, no need for the formalities."

"Okay."

Dinner went surprisingly well. Jacob was right, Billy really was trying. Because the thought of a vampire in his home and dating his son was not one he was fond of, at all. But Lizzie turned out to be the sweetest girl and so he couldn't hold her nature against her. She was kind and polite while also speaking her mind and throwing in a dash of sass when they joked. It was just something about Lizzie that seemed a lot less vampire-like than the ones he'd met before and even killed in his life. He was watching her and Jacob interact at the table, laughing and smiling at each other until Lizzie's phone signaled a text. Her face fell to a frown as she read it over.

"What's wrong?" Jacob asked, noticing how through the imprint bond he could feel Lizzie's annoyance and disappointment.

"I've got to go," she said, looking up from her phone.