40: Talk

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

"Why? To-" Jungkook stopped when he noticed that Taehyung's legs were wobbling from sitting in the cold for so long. He inhaled sharply before opening the door.

A small yelp left Taehyung's now chapped lips when a strong tug dragged him inside the house.

Jungkook dragged him to the couch, not even giving him the chance to remove his shoes, and pushed him to sit. His own mind was now free of any alcoholic effect.

"What kind of joke is that? Are you this desperate to humiliate me, call me names that you waited for me?" Taehyung winced at the cold tone but he kept biting his lips.

The lack of response irked more hurt inside Jungkook's heart which came out as anger.

"Oh, maybe you wanted to slap me on the other side as well, right? Come on, do it, and have your satisfaction." Those words just made Taehyung more vulnerable making him lightly sob despite his efforts to stop and shook his head quickly, eyes still casting downside.

"Come on, what's stopping you? Just do it, at least this way you can find your peace." His tone fell and the hurt was now dominant, making the other cover his face, head still shaking in denial.

"I- I- I'm so- so- sorry." Those few words and Jungkook felt like digging a hole to hide in there.

Taehyung again got up on his still half-numb legs but almost tripped in haste. The cold wind did the best on his body, also when he was already not good with the cold weather.

Looking at his uncontrollable shivering, Jungkook clenched his jaw and went to his room even before the other could say something.

The gesture gave Taehyung a wrong impression again like Jungkook wasn't allowing him to say anything or something else. But his thoughts stopped when Jungkook was back with a blanket and in the next second, the blanket was on his body as he was again pushed back to the couch.

"Sit here and talk." Taehyung again looked down, oh why he was always so wrong about the other? His own mind was now mocking him.

"She was right about me." He started after controlling his shivers which were making it difficult to talk. Jungkook was standing at a distance, hands clenched in fists and body now free of any effect of alcohol.

"I'm really.. stupid and dumb. I- I've no idea of the people and their actions." He slightly moved his head up this time. "I can't understand people, their intentions, and even their emotions."

Jungkook silently listened to him but he was now getting the idea, of why the other was waiting for him.

"I'm the type to trust a person blindly.. but it always hurt me." He took a deep breath and again got up from the couch, making Jungkook move in an instinct to grab him but stopped himself and let the other walk towards him with slow steps.

"That's what's happening right now." He mumbled, tears falling slowly out of his eyes on his cheeks that Jungkook had to dig his nails in his skin to stop himself.

"But unfortunately, I- I hurt you more." Wobbling lips parted to let out a shaky sob and in the next second, Taehyung was on his knees in front of the other, blanket sprawled on the floor on the sudden movement.

Jungkook frowned and quickly stepped back when Taehyung clasped his hands together.

"Kim-"