Epilogue

50 years later...

The sun is shining brightly through the white curtains that Frank insisted we put up in our home, and I am sitting here squinting against the glare. I will probably never change them though, because he picked them, and even though I hate the way they do nothing to stop the light, I don't have the heart to remove them.

I am alone for the first time in ages, but that's okay, because nothing lasts forever, and I have already received more than I ever thought I deserved.

I am sketching again, which is what I usually do when I am left to myself. I am working on a new set of drawings for my next exhibit, and it is something much different than my previous works.

I have become a decently acclaimed artist now. It started with my job for Cartoon Network, then I branched out and made my own comic books, and now I pretty much draw or paint whatever is in my head. People seem to like my work, and I have numerous pieces hanging in quite a few art galleries.

This series that I am starting will be the most personal by far, because I am capturing the essence of Frank and I's time together in pencil and ink, and even though it is far removed from what I usually do, I have high hopes that people will understand how much this means to me.

My life with Frank was magical, being married to that perfect man was everything I ever dreamed of and more. Every day waking up next to him was new and exciting, and the butterflies never faded from my stomach when he would kiss me.

Our wedding day was the best moment of my life. We kept it simple, neither of us wanted an extravagant ceremony, we just wanted to have our family and friends be with us when we finally took this huge step in our lives. Mikey ended up proposing to Ray at the after party, and they were married six months later.

We wanted for nothing, I had a wonderful job and my dream husband, and Frank eventually started a band called Leathermouth which made it big, and he got to do what he was passionate about for a living as well. We were so lucky in that aspect, most people have to drop their ambitions for music and art when they become adults and face reality, but it somehow worked out for the both of us.

Eventually we adopted a little girl named Cherry, and she brightened up our life immeasurably. I never really wanted children, but when Frank brought it up, I couldn't deny the fact that raising a child with him would be an experience I couldn't refuse, and I am so glad we went through with it.

She was the epitome of a golden girl, and she completed our family in ways we hadn't even realized we had been missing. She is grown now, and I am so proud of the person she has become. She loves music just like her father, and she works for a record label at the moment.

I won't bore you with any more details of our happy lives, because even though to me they are worthy of being recorded in a novel, I know to others it would quickly become monotonous.

Basically Frank and I were perfect for each other, even though logistically we shouldn't have been. Two fucked up halves usually can't form together to make a whole, but we did. Somehow we healed each other with love - corny I know. If someone had told me that before I found Frank, I would have laughed in their face, but now I am a true believer in the power of love. It saved me after all, so I would be a hypocrite not to be.

When I truly think about it, the odds of us making it together were one in a million: from our initial age gap, to my depression, to his mother's disapproval of us, we had the entire world conspiring against us, but we threw it the middle finger and made our own fate.

Frank's mother actually did come to accept us later on. Frank and I met with her when he finally felt ready, and she apologized profusely for everything she had put us through; saying that it warmed her heart to see us so happy, and that she had been wrong to try and separate us. Frank was ecstatic to have his mother in his life once again; she had pulled herself together as well, and she ended up moving back to Jersey, so we saw her quite often.

It took Frank much longer to make up with his stepfather, and I didn't blame him for that at all. I never truly forgave him for what he had done to Frank, but it was obvious that he had changed; he was completely sober now, and over time we learned how to tolerate him for Frank's mother's sake.

I almost feel like everything around us began to play out like a storybook, and even though we had our ups and downs like everyone does, the highs were much greater than the lows.

So I could think of nothing better to immortalize on paper than what I shared with him. I wanted other people to see what I experienced, and maybe it would give them hope that their soul mate was out there somewhere…waiting for them.

The reasoning behind my new project was because Frank passed away from lung cancer late last night; we really should have attempted to quit smoking much earlier than we did, but some addictions are impossible to break. Still - I am thankful I got so much time with him, and seventy-one is a good age to live to, even though I would have liked a few more years with him.

I miss him already, the house feels empty without his presence, but I know I will join him soon, so even though I am sad and lonely, I am not overwhelmed with despair; he wouldn't want me to fall apart without him, and I am determined to honor his memory.

Cherry will be here tomorrow, she informed me that she was coming to stay with me for a time until I adjusted to his loss, and even though I assured her that it wasn't necessary, I am grateful that she wants to make sure I am coping.

I know I will be okay though, I have a few loose ends to tie up here before my own end becomes eminent, and I will wait forever to be reunited with Frank, as I have proved many times before.

And now I have two angels looking down on me - Frank and Elena - so it is hard to despair when I know that I am so loved, and I will be greeted with open arms when my time comes.

So this is it guys...this story is officially done.

I am going to post an author's note with thanks you's and all that stuff right now, because it's so long I don't want to add it to the end of this.

So yeah - go read that and I will say my last goodbye to WBOCC.

((((bittersweet vibes))))

<3 starr