8: This is the best day ever

Over the next few weeks, I struggled to resist the allure of the blade. Now that I had done it once, it had become an addiction, and I craved the way it made me feel.

With Frank's help, I managed to stay mostly clean though, with only one or two instances where I couldn't get a hold of him and I ended up giving in to my sick mind. I always felt terribly guilty afterward, but Frank never berated me or got angry about it. He was so caring and gentle with me...I still couldn't believe that this amazing person was actually my boyfriend.

"So are you excited about your birthday Frank?"

Tomorrow was Halloween - also known as the day Frank would turn fourteen, and lessen our age gap a bit. I know I was looking forward to it; luckily tomorrow was Saturday, which meant no school to interrupt our time together, and I had an amazing date planned for Frank - he just didn't know it yet.

"Hell yeah I am, I can't wait to go trick or treating!"

"Aren't you a little old for that?" Mikey questioned.

"I will never be too old for free candy - are you crazy? Plus I am so short that people assume I am still twelve," Frank giggled.

"Do you have anything else planned?" I pried while silently begging that he didn't. I probably should have made sure that he wasn't busy before today, but I hadn't wanted to ruin the surprise.

"Nah - both my parents have to work overtime, so I will probably just hang with you if that's okay?"

"Perfect." I grinned to myself, this was going to be the best Halloween ever.

-------------------------------------------

I awoke unusually early; a typically weekend involved me sleeping in until noon - if not later, but I was just too excited about seeing Frank today to keep my eyes closed.

Instead of lying in my bed and staring at the ceiling, I decided to get dressed and face the day; I couldn't remember the last time I had seen the world at nine in the morning, besides when I was in school - maybe it would be interesting.

After pulling on my favorite pair of skinny jeans and my Misfits shirt, I attempted to calm down my messy hair, and I even added a touch of eyeliner; I wasn't ashamed to admit that I was trying to look better than usual to impress Frank.

When I headed downstairs, Mikey was already awake as well...crazy kid didn't know the joys of sleeping in.

"Holy shit...the world is ending - Gerard Way has awoken at a decent hour!" Mikey teased me.

"Hardy har har..." I responded sarcastically.

"Seriously bro - why are you awake?"

"I couldn't sleep, so I decided to see what my lame brother does on a Saturday morning."

"Well unless you are going to come to my track meet, then you won't be able to observe the rare Mikey in his natural habitat." I chuckled to myself at his reply. I swear my brother and I were overdosed on sass when we were born.

"Nah - I'll pass, I have plans with Frank later."

"Have fun on your date!" Mikey called out as he ran upstairs to change into his uniform. I winced at his loud tone, but thankfully mom was still asleep, so she didn't hear.

Frank didn't make his way over to my house until about one in the afternoon, and by that time I was sequestered in my room, blaring my music louder than was probably healthy for my poor ears, but that was just the way I liked it.

So of course I didn't hear the doorbell ringing, and apparently Frank took it upon himself to come right on in and basically give me a heart attack by jumping on my bed and scaring the shit out of me. After my heart rate had returned to normal, I pulled Frank into a long hug and kissed the top of his head.