2: I lost my fear of falling

The blaring sound of my alarm clock cut through my peaceful dreams and forced me to face reality. I had school today - with Frank, who was going to see me humiliated and then decide that he wanted nothing to do with me. Well isn't that one hell of a motivation to get out of bed.

I debated trying to fake sick to see it my mother would let me stay home, but knowing her - she would want to keep me company and make sure I was okay, and she couldn't afford to miss another day of work.

With an exaggerated sigh, I heaved my tired body out of bed and dragged myself into the shower. My hair was greasy and in need of a cut, but all it was getting today was a quick rinse unless I wanted to be late. I tugged a brush over it in an attempt to give it some life, but I quickly decided it was a lost cause.

After I had toweled off and thrown on one of my many band tees and some skinny jeans, I headed downstairs to grab a quick bite to eat before I had to leave. Mikey was sitting at the kitchen table, happily munching on some toast.

"Hey Gee," he mumbled, spraying crumbs all over the place.

"That's gross bro, chew your food."

"Make me!" He stuck his tongue out at me petulantly.

"Really mature Mikey," I snorted as I ruffled his hair affectionately.

"Gerard - stop it! You are making it all messy, and I just fixed it!"

"Ooh - you have a little girlfriend you are trying to impress?"

"You are one to talk, it looks like you actually brushed your hair for once. Does Gerard have a crush?" he giggled, making obnoxious kissy faces at me.

"Shut up - I do not." I shoveled my own piece of toast into my mouth so I would be spared from answering any more stupid questions.

"Boys - I am heading off to work," our mother called from the front door.

"Okay - love you," Mikey replied, while I tried to say something along the same lines, but I ended up almost choking on my mouthful of toast instead.

"Oh - one thing before I go, I promised Linda that you would walk Frank to school so he doesn't get lost. That's fine with you two right?" She poked her head around the doorframe to make sure we were listening.

"Yeah of course," I piped up, having finally managed to get that pesky chunk of food down my throat.

"Thank you both, I know Frank will be grateful. Okay - I have to run. Be good!"

"We will," Mikey chimed back, and I just nodded as I shouldered my backpack.

"Ready to go Mikes?"

"Just let me grab my shoes and I will be right there."

As I waited for Mikey to come back downstairs, I let my mind wander, and of course - it just so happened to take my thoughts straight to Frank. Why couldn't I get that kid out of my head?

I was pretty positive I even dreamed about him last night, I wasn't one hundred percent sure though - I usually forgot my dreams as soon as I woke up, but no matter how often I told myself that he was too young for me, I couldn't stop thinking about him.

I began to mentally slap myself in an attempt to clear my head. I mean - what were the chances that he was even gay...and if by some miracle he was, there was a snowball's chance in hell that he would actually end up liking me back, and when did I decide that I was gay for that matter?

"Gee are you coming?" Mikey's shrill voice freed me from my negative thoughts.

I followed him out the door, and ended up basically tripping over my own feet when I got an eyeful of Frank sitting on my front porch, swinging his converse clad feet lazily.

"Hey guys." He smiled cheerfully up at me, and for the second time in just as many days - I melted into a puddle on the floor.

"My mom had to go to work early, and she said you would walk me to school, so I decided to come over here instead of staying in that big empty house all alone."

I struggled to make some sort of intelligent remark, but my brain had turned to mush, and apparently I had forgotten how to form words. Luckily - Mikey saved me from potential embarrassment by speaking up before I could.

"Hi there - I'm Mikey. I am Gee's little brother, but I am sure you kind of assumed that."

"Gee?" Frank snorted, causing me to punch Mikey in the arm.

"Ow - that hurt!"

"Then don't call me that in public." My face flamed with embarrassment.

"I like it, I might even start calling you that myself." Frank grinned.

"Unless you have a death wish, I would rethink that," I teased.

"Ooh Gee - you are so scary!" Frank pretended to be frightened before running away, leaving Mikey and I to chase him until we were all out of breath.

"You know you can't outrun us with those stubby legs Frankie," I panted.

"Frankie?!" He lifted his head from the yard where he had collapsed after our impromptu sprint.

"If I get a cheesy nickname, then you get one too."

"Fine - I guess it could be worse." He relaxed back down on whoever's lawn we had stopped at and closed his eyes.

I could have sat in that moment forever and just watched the gentle rise and fall of his hand on his chest and the way his eyelashes contrasted beautifully against his cheekbones.

Holy shit - that was pretty gay for a guy who was still basically in the closet...this boy was going to turn me into a pansy. We hadn't even known each other for two days, and I was already a sappy emotional mess.

Frank was fucking with my head, and I had a strong feeling that it was only going to get worse the longer I was around him.

Okay I know it is really short, but at least it is an update right??

Is the age gap too creepy? I feel like it is kind of weird, but I needed it to be pretty different to add some drama to the story later on. Oh well *shrugs*

So tell me what you think pretty please with a cherry on top?

<3 star