20: I've been holding on tonight

That was the last time I saw Frank Iero for eight years...

By the time I woke up, Frank had already been discharged from the hospital. Doctor Wentz delivered a note he had left in his room for me, and I never went anywhere without it.

I will spend the rest of my days and nights chasing tomorrow until I can be with you again

Stay strong for me

I love you

Not long after I received his letter, I was being released at well, but instead of going home, I found myself in the car with my mother - heading to Laurel Hills.

"How are you doing honey?" my mom broke the relative silence of the car with her casual question.

"Just fucking peachy..." I huffed out sarcastically.

"I know you don't want to be here, but it isn't for that long baby."

"That's really not what I'm worried about right now," I answered truthfully, but I didn't want to elaborate any further.

"Is it Frank?" she asked quietly.

"Huh?" I snapped my head around to look at her instead of staring out the window like I had been for the past hour.

"I know you two are dating sweetie, and it's okay." She smiled down at me as I tried to comprehend the fact that our relationship hadn't been as secret as I thought, not to mention the lack of reaction from my mother concerning my sexuality.

"How long have you known?" I worried my lower lip between my teeth anxiously.

"Well - I was always a bit suspicious, but it was after I talked to him at the hospital that I knew for sure."

"And you aren't mad?"

"No I'm not - I realize that he is young, but age isn't everything, even though some people seem to think it is. I can see the way he looks at you though, and I have nothing against your relationship - as long as you are being safe."

"Mom....we haven't even done anything!" My cheeks flamed red with embarrassment, this was not the conversation that I had been expecting to have today.

"Well I know you are a teenager, and those urges are going to come up eventually, so just remember -"

"Seriously mom - shut up. You already gave me the sex talk okay?" I groaned loudly.

"Well it's different with guys, and I wasn't aware that you were gay until recently, so I need to update it," she chuckled wryly.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, I was just scared that you wouldn't approve of Frank - I should have said something though."

"It's okay baby, I understand that it is a big thing to reveal to anyone, but I don't want you to be afraid to tell me anything."

"I'll remember that."

"So how long have you two been together?"

"Almost four months now."

We continued to talk for the rest of the drive; I told her everything that I had previously kept hidden about Frank and I's relationship, including the fact that he was moving now, and she listened patiently throughout my entire story. She reassured me that Frank seemed to truly love me, and she said she would help us in any way she could until we were reunited again.

Before I knew it, the imposing gates of Laurel Hill's had appeared, swallowing up our car as we passed through them, and I was faced with the prisonlike building that would be my home for an undisclosed amount of time.