Chapter Nine

Cake's point of view

The ground under my feet crunches as I step into the blinding light. I squint in order to make anything out. I see no sign of oozes or any of Ice Queen's army, all good things. I proceed to walk around the city a little bit, body on edge to remain unseen.

New York is a wasteland. The once prominent city overtook and plunged into ruin. Trees and grass line up on the buildings and cracked pavement is all you can walk on. Convenient stores lost their signs, food remaining spoiled for the past thousand years. I look into one of them. The glass is blood stained but I can still see in. Most of the food is gone or rotted away, but bags of chips remain unopened and unaltered. I turn away from the window and walk inside to the store.

Aside from rotting corpses, the plants and dirt, and broken flooring, the store seems clean. Four aisles are lined with magazines and bags of assorted foods. I pick up a bag of chips with the word, "Ruffles" printed on it along with the flavor of the chips and a picture. I open them up, and the aroma of barbecue fills my nostrils. I picked up a chip, looked closely at it, and then ate it. It had stayed fresh for a thousand years.

"Well, shit, free fucking snacks for me. SUCK ON THAT, BITCHES!" I screamed as I took eight bags of chips and stuffed them in my bag that I brought.

I walk out of the store and instead of light out, it's cloudy. Droplets of water hit my face when I look up.

"Karma, you are a complete ass hat."

I get my umbrella and put it up to shield me from the rain. I walk around some more, looking around for more lucky finds. I pass by Grand Central Station, looking inside at what America used to use for transportation. I walk right on by, not looking back at it. Birds chirp in the distance. I walk on, and soon, after passing by several restaurants and a studio for SNL, I see a place with a giant tree in the middle of a clearing. A giant tree, almost like me and Fionna's back home, only it had no more leaves, or needles, as it seemed to be a pine tree. Strings of bulbs lined on its branches, almost like a...

"Giant Christmas tree," I said to myself.

Then I noticed a large supply of gum.

"Shit. I shouldn't have come here, I shouldn't have-"

I hear shouts in the distance. I hid behind a tree and look down the road.

Soldiers. Thousands of them. All in a straight line, heading to a building along the horizon. The tallest building in the city. But what would they need there-

And a hand grabs my face.

"Fuc-" I manage to get out before a needle enters my neck, and the world goes black.

******
AYE I CHANGED MY MIND NO HALF CHAPTERS K.
AND I WILL DO A SEX SCENE ONLY IT WILL BE IN A DIFFERENT PART OF THE STORY.