Chapter 28

Jisoo and Irene went back to the venue.

They saw Seokjin waiting for them at the entrance. Jisoo looks away when Seokjin and Her eyes met. Irene smiled.

"Where have you been? Your dad is very mad." Seokjin said as he look at Irene.

"Oh come on. We both know that we doesn't like this shitty arranged marriage. We ain't living like those shitty characters inside a fiction stories" Irene said as she chuckles.

"Oh. By the way. I think you and Jisoo needs to talk something important. So I'll head back now. See you later" Irene said as she walks inside the event room.

Seokjin and Jisoo is currently having an awkward silence.

"So.. You want to say something?" Seokjin asked.

Jisoo gulped at a thought.

"W-Well.. I may not be sure if you're still into me.. I-I mean. Of course why would you still be into me when I rejected and left you for 8 years. How silly of me right?" Jisoo started and ends with a nervous laugh.

Seokjin was just looking at her nervousness.

'cute.' he thought.

"I.. I just wanted to say something before it's too late and before I regret not telling you." Jisoo said as she straighten up.

"What is it?" Seokjin asked.

"Jin I-" Jisoo paused for a bit to think if she's doing the right decision.

"You what?" Seokjin asked.

"I love you." Jisoo said as she looks down.

Seokjin was immobilized.

"T-That's all. I just thought you have the rights to know. It started at the nurse's office when Jennie was brought there by me and you visited. I.. I rejected the three of you because I don't think I can handle long distance relationship and I might not come back. But how lucky am I to still come back here" Jisoo said as she chuckles softly.

Seokjin looks at her in awe.

"Hey." Seokjin called as he raised Jisoo's chin with his index finger and thumb.

"I love you too. Who says I already gave up?" Seokjin said and smiled.

Jisoo stared at his eyes for a moment.

Seokjin didn't waste any opportunity to pull her in a kiss.

Jisoo was shock for a second but decided to kiss him back.

••

"I heard.. That this isn't just a Reunion Party" Jungkook stated.

"I think this is where the announcement of the marriage's date" Jungkook added.

"I know. I saw some unfamiliar faces earlier. I tried asking some of them and most of their answers is that their the Kim's or Bae's relatives" Jennie said.

"Just watch." Jisoo said and smiled.

"Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen! Today for those who are here, You are invited to Bae Irene and Kim Seokjin's marriage that will happen in August 19 or next week." Mr. Bae said.

"Now, Let's here some message from our soon to be married couple." Mr. Kim said.

Seokjin and Irene walks up to the stage.

Seokjin grabbed the mic.

"Good Evening Everyone. As some of you know that this is just a Reunion Party held by Bae Irene. But.. I need to tell you something. Me and Irene have decided to tell you all about this" Seokjin stopped as he look at Irene. Irene nods at him.

Whispers can be heard.

Some of them thinks that Irene might be pregnant and their gonna admit it now.

"Irene and I had decided to cancel this marriage." Seokjin said.

Irene smiled.

Gasp and whispers can be heard once again. Jisoo smiled.

"We are all sorry for wasting your time but.. We are already strangers with memories in short, exes. And before it became like this, Me and Irene already have someone we love. Someone that make us happy without even trying. So we decided to cancel this off. Thank You" Seokjin said.

"Irene you agreed to this?!" Mr. Bae shouted catching everyone's attention.

"I do dad. I already loved someone named Jinyoung." Irene said.

"How dare you! I tried so hard to make you and Seokjin be a married couple so that we'll get something from their company! You ruined my plans! You ruined everything!" Mr. Bae shouted and got shock when he realized he said something prohibited to be exposed.

"So you're telling me that you're sacrificing your own daughter's freedom and happiness just for your own desires? You are pathetic!" Mr. Kim said.

Mr. Bae stormed out of the room.

Mr. Kim go to Irene and Seokjin to ask if their okay and he agreed to cut off the marriage. Irene was happy to know that she will be free and can be with Jinyoung.

Seokjin went down the stage and went to Jisoo. Jisoo smiled.

"I am proud of you, Jin" Jisoo said.

Seokjin smiled and kiss Jisoo in the cheek.

"I won't let you down" Seokjin said as he caress her cheek.

"Irene.." Jinyoung called as Irene went to his direction.

"Did you really mean it?" Jinyoung asked with a shock face.

Irene nods.

"Thank You" Jinyoung said as he hug Irene tight not wanting to let go.

In the end, Someone that has hopes, faith and works hard for something they want will always win.

End of Chapter 28
Word Count : 870