Zhongli x Reader ☆

"Hey! Zhongli!" A high-pitched, child like voiced yelled in the distance. It caught a tall, brown haired man's attention.

The voice revealed itself, it came from Paimon - the almighty Traveler, Lumine's, emergency fo- I mean, adventuring partner.

"Oh, hello! I didn't expect to see you two here." The man smiled, unfolding his arms. He is called Zhongli, the Geo Archon - Rex Lapis.

"Hehe, we were just talking about you!" Paimon giggled, shooting a glance at Lumine for more details.

"My, I'm flattered. How so?" Mr. Zhongli replied, holding his chin in a thinking expression. Beforehand, it seemed like he was deep in thought.

"Me and Paimon were just thinking. You and Y/N, you always seem to be together. Pardon me for being so direct, but may I ask - have you two got... something between you?" Lumine asked. This specific question was the exact thing Zhongli was dreading.

"Ah.. erm... we have a contract, to stay together at all times, is all. She is a good friend of mine - but, yes, I-..." Zhongli was cut off by Y/N's return.

"Zhongli, I found some cor lapis! Oh, Lumine! Paimon! Hello!" You waved at them, only to be greeted with some blank stares. In confusion, you tilted your head and gazed into Zhongli's eyes.

"Uhh... Zhongli was just saying how-" Paimon was also cut off by Lumine's awkward laughing.
"O-Oh, haha, I must've interrupted something... don't mind me, I'll go find some more ore." You smiled nervously and walked back to behind a small cliff, as Zhongli and the Traveler continued their conversation.

"Uh oh, no way, that was super awkward! Paimon definitely thinks you should just tell her!" Paimon facepalmed, Lumine agreed.
"I have been thinking about that for a while, of course. I, personally, wouldn't know what to say." Zhongli folded his arms once again, sighing in relief that they understood what he was going to try and say beforehand.

"Hm... Paimon knows! You should just pretend she's not there when you confess!" Paimon excitedly flew around in the air. She knew Zhongli would go by that idea.

"I'll try my best." Zhongli quietly mumbled what he was going to say as he turned around, making his way behind the rocks to find you. Even a small push of courage and persuasion would give him enough confidence.

"Y/N? Ah, there you are.." You heard a familiar voice behind you, and turned to face it. Zhongli had a light blush from embarrassment on his face - but, knowing him, it was obviously something important, just from that.

"Oh, hey..! Is everything alright?" You asked, placing down all of the rocks and ore you'd found in the meantime.

"Lumine and Paimon finally convinced me to tell you the truth." Zhongli looked around for anything that could distract him, to give him the right push to tell you.
His eyes caught on to a glowing, golden flower - its beautiful light rays reminded him of you because it cannot be described negatively at all, and it's 'highly pleasing to the eye' as Zhongli would put it. - it was time.

"Hmm? Tell me what?" You tilted your head in confusion again; but you couldn't take your eyes off of Zhongli.

"Y/N, what I'm about to say is completely the truth. Please do not overreact if you don't understand at first." He started. You nodded in agreement.

"I- er.. I think I'm in love with you." After the stuttering, those last seven words pierced your heart, like you'd been longing to hear them for a while. You gasped in shock, confusion, and other emotions that you could not even begin to comprehend.

"I haven't felt this way, properly, with anyone other than you. When we're together, it's like... my heart skips so many beats, it's hard to breathe, because I am so focused on your beauty. I can't completely understand these feelings all at once... however... I've known the locations of where they've came from for a long time. My heart. I am sure this is correct." As Zhongli finished, his gaze went from the flower, straight to your eyes.

Tears threatened to fall from your eyes - nobody had ever told you anything like that before. It felt like the missing piece of your heart had finally gotten back to where it had been before.
You slowly walked towards Zhongli. His eye contact with you did not break, though he had a neutral expression on his face.

Subconsciously you took hold of Zhongli's hands and glanced up at him. He was watching your movements carefully.
"Zhongli, I..." You let your heart take over, all of those lost feelings speaking for you. "I feel exactly the same. I don't know how, or when, these came to me... but I'm sure as well. I love you, as Morax, Rex Lapis, and even just... Zhongli. Whoever you are."

Your words may have came out wrong, but Zhongli seemed to accept them. He took your face into his hands and lightly pressed his lips against yours, without another word. You shut your eyes and leaned in.

"Aww, adorable!" Lumine smiled at the sight of you two. Her and Paimon were leaning against the tree, watching the entire confession.
"Well, our work here is done! Let's go, Traveler!~"