Xiao x Reader 2 ♡

"Ow." I yanked out an arrow from my neck, which was planted there by a hilichurl. Many of said creatures were surrounding me - including the larger versions, mitachurls.
In annoyance I summoned my claymore and quickly started swinging it around, basically just bashing the smaller hilichurls to ash.

However, claymores are heavier than they look. For me, it was much more difficult to pick one up than to actually use it.
"Ugh.. damn it." I dropped my claymore on to the ground and gave glances to my surroundings, for another plan; nothing was put to any use, and the mitachurls around me used this to counter attack.

"Uuf.." A large, wooden shield smacked me straight in the back, and I went tumbling into some rocks - where I'd accepted my fate.
"Fantastic... gonna die to a bunch of hili... huh?" Just as I was about to complain once again, anemo wind filled the air, and the rest of the monsters blew to ashes.

"I told you to call my name if you need help." A familiar voice got louder as the figure faced the ash that float around.
I used the rocks as support to get back to my feet. The pain hit me and I winced, falling back into the rocks below me.

"I don't need your help, Xiao." I sighed and leaned to my left, looking at my weapon that had been so carelessly dumped on the ground.

"What? You just got quite severely hurt by hilichurls... and you did not need me to end their cruel lives? Shame." Xiao turned around and stared down at me.

"Shush... I'm fine."

"I could be killing demons right now."

"Nobody's keeping you here."

With Xiao gazing at me in confusion, I managed to get my leg out of the rocks. It had a bruise growing on it.
"See? Just a bruise. Not gonna die, sorry." I waved my arms about sarcastically and actually got myself up this time.

"Sorry? Who told you I want you to die? I do not have enough patience to let mere humans get hit by hilichurls." Xiao rolled his eyes and picked up my dented claymore with ease.

"Get yourself a sword, or something. I cannot help you all the time."

"Why would you want to?"

"What is it with these questions, psh. Mortals."

It was silent. I hadn't taken back my question. Why was Xiao always there to help me? I hadn't called his name at all, unless he was there in my eyesight.

"I value your safety, is all."

"Why?" I asked - but Xiao just gave me a pissed off glare from the continuous questions.
"Um, sorry... thanks. I'll get a sword."

"Good. Remember that.. um... if you call my name, I'll be there." And with that, he disappeared. I took it into my own hands and got my own sword.

To my surprise, it was a lot easier to fight enemies with the sword. I could gain energy with it and also carry it weightlessly.

A few days after mine and Xiao's conversation, I was taking a stroll in the woods near Wangshu Inn - where I came face to face with a ruin guard.

"Um... they aren't supposed to come this close to any buildings..." I summoned my sword and attacked it as much as I could, dodging most of its moves.
Unfortunately, I couldn't paralyze it with a sword, so my hitting was useless and it would take me ages to actually finish the ruin guard off.

I could flee the situation... or...
It started swinging its arms around, before launching itself into the air. As soon as I saw the shadow grow beneath me, I went with my gut feeling.

"Wahh.. Xiao..!" I raised my voice; and before I could even comprehend it, I felt warm arms wrapped around my shoulders - a presence. Xiao really did appear.
I heard the ruin guard hit the ground just as I was launched into the air, still with the warmth around my shoulders.

"Hold your sword as firmly as you can, and do not let go." I clutched on to my weapon and nodded, as we came straight back down. My sword crashed deep into the ruin guard's eye, and it broke into several pieces.

"Not bad at all. You did call my name in the end, hm?" Xiao raised his eyebrows slightly and folded his arms.

"I'd rather say your name than be crushed by a ruin guard... obviously." I picked up my sword.

"Now... for your question." Xiao started. I turned and tilted my head.

"You asked why I always appeared before. It is because I have been longing for you to call my name. I am in love with you, Y/N. Now that I myself am completely sure you can comprehend my feelings, I have the courage to say it to you."

I stood in shock. Thoughts were flying through my head super quickly, like santa on his sleigh.
"Mh.. I acknowledged this answer would come from you..." Xiao walked closer to me and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek, as if he wanted to shut me up for a little while longer.

"There. Now, care for some Almond Tofu at the Inn? I have some time to spare."