Scaramouche ♧

The moon lit up the night sky.
It was cold, silent, and calming outside - exactly the reasons why I was walking through the woods in the first place.
As I reached the centre of the forest, I heard a quiet voice to my left.
It sounded familiar, yet it was so difficult to match a face to it.

"..How is this the only place I can actually relax?" The voice whispered, but loud enough that I could hear it.
I stood behind a tree and peeked in front of it, trying to see who it was.

However, I definitely did not expect to see the 6th fatui harbinger, Scaramouche, kneeling beside some flowers and admiring them. In fact, that was the last thing I expected to see.

I walked past the tree to get a better view. The flowers were light purple, but were difficult to see in the dark.
As I was looking at my surroundings, I hadn't noticed I'd been spotted.

Before I knew it, Scaramouche was glaring at me and walking closer.
"I swear, Y/N, if you tell anybody you saw me here, I'll-"

I snapped back into reality and made eye contact with him.
"I won't, relax! I'm not even supposed to be here." I sighed.

Scaramouche stopped walking and folded his arms.
"What? Why?"

"It's like... one o'clock. I'm meant to be asleep... but it was too loud outside, so I decided to get away from where I live for a while."

He chuckled.
"Well, I wouldn't expect any less of you."

"And...? Why are you here?" I replied, lifting my eyebrows slightly. Scaramouche broke eye contact and looked at the ground.

"Don't worry about that... you should go, you look tired." He immediately tried to change the subject.

"I am, but I don't want to go back just yet." I started, walking over to the flowers and sitting down beside them.
Scaramouche sat next to me, though if you only saw his face, it would look like he didn't want to.

"Um... what flowers are they?" He mumbled, sounding pretty embarrassed. It did not really sound like him. Maybe he was tired? Who knows.

"I'm not actually sure..." I glanced at the flowers, and then at Scaramouche. "But... I do know..."

"Know what?"

"That they'd look pretty on you."

His cheeks quickly heated up, and his gaze moved from me, back to the floor.
"S--Shut up, you're not funny..."

"I'm being serious, they would." I smiled. "Can I put one in your hair? Please? Just for five minutes?"

Scaramouche rolled his eyes.
"Fine, if it'll make you shut up!" He snapped back at me, still facing the other way.

I picked one of the flowers, before placing it in his hair.

"You're staring..." He mumbled, a small grin of amusement on his face.

"It looks nice..."

He grabbed a different flower and looked at me, trying to hint at something.

"What?"

"Don't play dumb... I just don't want it to look like I did this on my own..." He stated.

"Alright, then."
On that note, Scaramouche tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear and placed the flower slightly above.

"You better not be getting used to this..." He sarcastically whispered into my ear as I slowly leaned into his arms.

"Of course not..." I yawned and closed my eyes.

"Y/N, shouldn't you be heading back? You told me you are not supposed to be out."

"I'll go back before they wake up. Unless you want me to leave now, of course." I laughed and lift my head up, wanting to see him admit he didn't.

"And why would I want that? We even have matching flowers..." Scaramouche leaned in, smirking.

"Ah, so you don't? How clingy.."

"Don't turn this around on me. Remember I'm a fatui harbinger, I can hurt you." He jokingly threatened, followed with a smug grin.

"You love me really." I started, making him blush once again.

I smiled at the sight of his face going completely red. He turned his head, but wrapped his arms around my waist at the same time.

"Goodnight.." He mumbled.

"Night, Scara."