a e t h e r ♡

My eyes fluttered open at about 1AM.
I turned to see Aether, with his cute little cat ears and tail, fast asleep next to me.

"Aw, how can someone be so cute?~" After admiring his adorableness, I placed my hand on Aether's head and stroked his ears. I could start to hear him purr.

"Mh.. Y/N..." Aether opened his eyes - he was still purring, but I felt bad that I'd woken him up.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up..." I took my hand off of Aether's head, but he quickly grabbed it back and pouted at me.

"I didn't say stop..."

I laughed and put my hand on his ears, to which Aether continued to purr and cuddled up close to me.
The duvet was up to his waist, so I had the chance to even give him a belly rub if I wanted to.

"Hey, Y/N...?" Aether glanced at me while purring in between words.

"Mhm?" I smiled, petting his ears continuously.

"...I was wondering if we could... skip our commissions for today? I kind of want to just spend the day with you..." Aether hid his face in my chest in embarrassment.

'Aw, what a clingy kitty~" I jokingly teased.

"Y/N..!" Aether's face went red.

"I'm joking! Of course, I'd love to. But Aether, it's kind of 1am." I chuckled and wrapped my arms around him.

"Huh? It is? I didn't even realize, haha..." Aether nervously smiled and yawned.

Without Aether realizing at first, I slithered my hand under his shirt and ran my knuckles over his stomach.

"Haah? Y-Y/N? What are you doing?"
Aether's cheeks flushed redder than before and he quickly stared at me.

"Belly rubs! I thought you'd like it?" I pouted and was about to remove my hand, but Aether nodded.

"I-I do... I just didn't expect you to... eh.." After he finished his sentence, I continued to stroke Aether's stomach and he sighed, leaning close to me again.

"Aww, heh...~ you're really cute, Aether!" I smiled and shut my eyes, the tiredness coming back to me.

Aether smiled slightly and lay his head under my chin while I ran my hand over his stomach.
His purring got louder and louder, before my hand eventually stopped moving.

Aether opened his eyes, a little disappointed.
I had pretty much fallen asleep already.
He nuzzled his face into my neck, and slowly went back to sleep himself.