Ayato <3

"Ah, it is raining."
He smiled and gazed up at the cloudy sky while the cold raindrops fell on to his face.

Ayato and I went out to go on a walk, and to our misfortune the weather turned for the worse. I took a deep breath, and sighed.
"Oh. Should we go back? It wouldn't be good if you got a cold." I mentioned, rubbing my hands together in a search for warmth.

"Yes, let's head back. It really is a shame it starts heavily raining halfway through the walk." Ayato replied. He put his arm over my shoulder and pulled me closer to him. "Please let me know if you are cold."

It took a while to get back, and the rain didn't ease. By the time we were home, our teeth were chattering and we were holding each other's hands.

"Well, that was certainly not ideal." He mumbled and shut the door behind him. "It is late, would you be up to getting into something more... comfortable, with me?"

"Okay. I'll turn the heating on, it's still freezing, even in here."

Who would've thought? Somebody with a hydro vision didn't enjoy the cold. He's even related to somebody with a cryo vision.

I turned the heating up and got into my pyjamas. I gave Ayato's his, and he went to go handle some last minute work. I went into the bathroom to wash my hands and get ready for bed.

Upon looking down, I noticed the tips of my fingers were pink.
"I'm going to be hopeless when Christmas comes around." I whispered to myself, and ran my hands through the warm water. It was nice, the warmth reached my wrists and it was so comforting it made me sleepy.

I dried my hair and gently brushed through it. Though it was great to be able to feel cozy again, the sound of the rain pattering outside almost made me want to go back out.

"Y/N, I am done. You can come in whenever you are ready." Ayato called out in perfect timing.

I set the hairbrush down and walked into our shared bedroom.
He was quietly adjusting the lights, making sure they weren't too bright. I slowly crept up towards him and wrapped my arms around his figure.

"Hm? Oh, there you are. How are you feeling? Still cold?" Ayato asked, turning around and putting his arms around me.

"A little bit. How about you?"

"Not too bad, anymore... though I'll admit, I am in the mood for cuddling up close to you. Would you mind?"

I smiled and shook my head.
"Not at all..."

"Aha, you're adorable. Let's get into bed, then."

He got under the covers and lightly tapped the space next to him.
I climbed in and sighed contently.
"This is comfy." I lay my head on Ayato's shoulder, though he moved it and put his arm around me once again.

"Indeed, but..." He started with a soft yawn. "next time, remind me to check the weather before we leave for a walk."

I laughed and nodded.
"Of course. Though I do like laying here with you, Ayato."

He pressed his lips against my head and closed his eyes.
"Then, let's do this more often. I love you, Y/N. Thank you for being here for me."

I melted into his embrace. Perhaps the rain wasn't too bad, if it means I could sleep this close to him.
"I love you too."

It didn't take long for the two of us to fall asleep. But that was not a bad thing, because we felt cozy in each other's arms.

It was safe to say we would be going out in the rain again soon.