Scaramouche ♡

"Ugh!"
I barely dodged the sword that belonged to someone who was desperately trying to kill me.

I had no idea who they were, all I knew was that they were assigned to 'assassinate' me.
No information about who gave them this job, no identity, nothing.

"Can't we talk this through?" I spat at the masked person above me.

"Shut the hell up, or I'll lock you in a cage and throw it into the ocean." They violently attempted to shove their blade into my heart again - I rolled over and luckily, the sword went into the dirt.

I tried to get off of the ground and fight back.
Though they were faster than me, and kicked the back of my knees to knock me back down.

"Why are you trying to kill me? What did I do to you?"

They put their foot on my back, pressing me against the cold grass.
"Life isn't fair, is it?"

I did not move.

Their foot pushed deeper into my back and I groaned in pain.

"Is it?"

"N-No! Get off!"
Feeling their shoe press against me, I kicked my feet in pain and tried to move them off of me.

Though in the process, they could have easily ended my life right then and there.
And that's what they attempted to do.

All of a sudden, I felt a sharp metal shove through my body.
It restricted me from speaking; I coughed out blood and yelled in agony.

They chuckled and pulled out their weapon.
"How much more do you think you can take?" They whispered, before stabbing me in the shoulder.

At that point, unbearable pain was seeping through my body.
I knew I was about to die.

"I'll let you bleed out. Putting you out of your misery is half the fun, right?"
That voice was all I heard before my vision went blurry, and I went dizzy.

The assassin had already run off, muttering something about mora to themself.

I couldn't project my voice, and it took every muscle in my body just to blink.
Death was quickly approaching, and I had already given up.

Before someone noticed me.

Faint footsteps could be heard next to me, and I prayed that they would just kill me.

"Ah, look at you..."
Their voice sounded familiar, but I couldn't remember.

"Put... m-me...-"
It hurt terribly to speak, though the figure behind me just chuckled.

"Oh, Y/N, I'm not going to kill you. Come on, get up."

Then I realized.

The voice belonged to one of the fatui harbingers, Scaramouche.
We had seen each other on a few occasions, and just from that, we became fast friends.

"Kill..." I couldn't even finish the sentence.
Scaramouche didn't seem to notice how badly I was hurt.

"How did this happen?" He folded his arms. I could still feel his piercing glare on me.

"O-Over.. there..." I simply nodded in the direction of where the assassin has run off too, because my arms felt like noodles.

"Wait... is that...? Y/N, turn around."
Though he told me to turn around, he helped me sit up and instantly noticed my blood stained and ripped shirt.

"Shit, I'm sorry." Scaramouche grabbed his bag and pulled out a bandage, before wrapping it as best as he could on the wounds.

"I know where we can go, it's not far from here. Hang in there, I'll get you help."

---

A couple of minutes later, we got to a large building. I could briefly see some fatui guards and mages around.

As soon as we entered, Scaramouche called one of the maids and put me into her arms.
"Get her wounds wrapped up and make sure she isn't in pain."

She gave him a doubtful look, but his usual glare made her bring me to a separate room almost instantly.

---

The maid has given me some spare clothes, and the stab wounds had been properly bandaged up.
Scaramouche walked into the room and sat beside me.

"Are you all right?"

I nodded, though I was actually still in pain.

"You don't look it. Take these, they'll help." He put some pills into my hand I put them aside.

"You really spooked me earlier. I hadn't realized you had been targeted by an assassin, they are a pain to fight." He mumbled, before sighing in relief.

I laughed quietly.
"Thank you so much, I would be dead if it weren't for you." My voice had gotten steadier.

"Of course... just... stay here for a few days. I will make sure you're safe."