Venti x Reader ♧

- In this chapter, the reader is an archon who was presumed dead after the archon war. Element is your choice~ -

"Aaah..." I slowly arose from my long, dreamless slumber. The wind blew calmly beside me as I gazed down at my city. The people were happier than ever, and seemed to be enjoying life as they should.

"Y/N?" I gazed down and noticed a tall, dark haired male looking at me in confusion and awe.

"...Morax!"

"Y/N... you were... huh?"

"Hey, I'm not dead, Mister! Pretty relaxing sleep, if I do say!~" Laughing happily, Morax - better known as Zhongli - pulled me into a tight hug.

"We missed you so much..." Zhongli sniffed and let go of me.

"Ehe, don't get weepy on me! I'm here to stay, now! How has everyone been?"

"Well, the people here have all been praying for you to come back and watch over your city again..." I smiled in embarrassment.

"How about Barbatos? He goes by Venti, correct?" I looked up at the sky.

"Yes. He is great, watching over Mondstadt - but I can tell he does miss you dearly. He's a bard and sings about you, in fact. Maybe you should visit him?"

I nodded, finally getting to feel the gusts of wind and air flowing around me.

"Mind if I go now, Morax?"

"Not at all. It's great to see you again, Y/N."

I strolled to Mondstadt. It's scenery looked the same, however there were many changes I didn't observe.

"Welcome to Mondstadt!" Two guards smiled brightly at me. I grinned back and muttered a quick thank you.

As soon as I entered the gates - it struck me. The delicious smell of food like sticky honey roast, and the music blaring and chiming with the wind.

"Hmm.. this way..." I turned right and went up two sets of steps and looked at a sign.
"Angels... share. A tavern!" I entered and met my gaze with a red headed man, with a pyro vision attached to his waist.

"What will it be?" He asked, wiping a wooden cup with a cloth.
"O-Oh! I'm not here to drink... is anyone named Venti usually at this tavern?" I asked the man, smiling.

He sighed and nodded.
"That bard. Yes. He finds it hilarious to steal dandelion wine from behind the counter. I don't know how he is still allowed in here."

I found myself giggling.

"Heh... he comes in here every day?"

The man, Diluc, nodded again.

My eyes lit up and I thanked him.
"I'll wait here until he arrives. I've known Bar- Venti... a long while." Taking a seat. I must have waited an hour or two, before hearing the tavern door burst open.

"Why, hello Diluc! It'll be the usual, please!" I heard a voice behind me. It felt like I was going to start bawling in front of everyone.

"You seem a little too young to be drinking." Diluc sighed and eyed me, notifying me that it was him.

"Ehe, no worries!~ When I started drinking, you were only-"

"Oh, yeah." Diluc started, cutting him off. "Someone is here to see you."

"Really? Who?"

Diluc looked at me again. I took a deep breath and turned around. Venti's eyes widened.

"Y/N..."

"Y-You..."
Venti's face was going a little red, and his eyes sparkled with joy.

"Hehe, already had that one from Zhongli!~ I wasn't and am not dead." I chuckled. Diluc raised his eyebrows in confusion.

All of a sudden, Venti dropped his empty glass and pressed his lips against mine. I couldn't help but smile and kiss him back.

"Um... and you know each other how?" Diluc seemed uncomfortable with what was unfolding in front of him.

"This is Y/N! Archon of the city [city name]!" Venti was still holding me, though he whispered the last part.

"Diluc, right? Thanks for helping me out. I might've accidentally gone to Inazuma looking for my dear Barbat-" Venti put his hand over my mouth. I was confused, but then I realised.

"I-I mean... Venti."
Diluc had a very brief smile planted on his face.

"Nevermind, I think I'm gonna skip that drink tonight, Diluc - come on Y/N, let's go home~"