Diluc<3

Diluc was furious.

He managed to find out that I had been abducted by some treasure hoarders by mistake, and would not rest until I was home.

He was simply on his shift at the tavern when he heard what happened. Some people were frightened by how incredibly angry he was.

---

I pulled my knees to my chest.
The treasure hoarders had put me in some sort of metal cage, and were holding the key. I must've told them ten times that I did not do anything wrong - no use.

It started to get dark and cold, and there was no source of heat anywhere.

"Can you guys make a fire?" I asked, kicking the metal to get their attention. "It's really cold. I might freeze to death and the blood will be on your hands."

One of them glared at me.
"No. Stop kicking the metal."

"Please?" I wasn't planning on giving up. "I've been in here all day, I'm hungry and cold..."

No response.

I was starting to get irritated. They were ignoring me, and nobody was coming to help.
I continued to kick the metal bars, and gradually they got more angry at me.

He stomped over to me and gripped the bars harshly.
"If you kick that bar one more time, I swear I'll kill you."
He pushed the cage and it fell on to its back. I hit the floor and now, thanks to him, I was more uncomfortable.

I couldn't see anything when I looked around. One side was the bottom of the cage, and the bars was only showing the places where the treasure hoarders weren't.

"Diluc, where are you...?" I mumbled, pushing the cage door, and hoping for a miracle.

---

Hours passed.
Luckily, I managed to get around 50 minutes of sleep. It was so loud, though - hearing them laughing and joking, while I was sitting in a cage when I did nothing wrong.

"You."

I glanced up and saw a different treasure hoarder. He was wearing a mask that covered half of his face, but something else caught my attention.

He was holding a waterbottle.

I reached up to grab it and he gave it to me; though when I took it from his hand, a sharp object that he was holding at the same time cut my own hand.

I ignored the cut and chugged the water.
It was refreshing to have a cold drink after a while, but it didn't completely quench my thirst.

"Could I have some-"
He cut me off by grabbing the bottle and walking away.

I sighed and leaned back.
I was starting to lose hope - it was midnight, meaning I had been there for 12 hours already. Nobody came to save me.

I stared at the cut on my hand as the blood dripped down my arm.

"Wh-... What the hell?!"

I quickly peeked around the bars to see what was happening. I couldn't see much, I could only hear muffled screams and yells coming from the treasure hoarders.

"S-She's in that cage... please, don't-"
He didn't finish his sentence.

Silence.

I shuffled to the back of the cage and covered my mouth, so that I didn't make any noise.
I heard some clinging. It sounded like keys hitting against each other... or perhaps a vision?

I saw a gloved hand unlock the cage with ease, before stepping back.
I did not move, my heart was pounding.

"Y/N?"

I instantly recognized the voice.

Upon hearing it, I slowly climbed out of the cage.

There stood Diluc. I saw the remains of the treasure hoarders scattered around the place.
He put my arm around his shoulder and helped me stand.

"I'm so sorry I am late, sweetheart." He started. I felt my eyes fill up with tears. "I was out all day looking for you."

"Diluc..."
I pressed my lips against his cheek several times.

When I was trapped in that cage, there was a horrible feeling in my stomach, which was telling me I was unsafe and at risk. ...But when Diluc found me, that feeling disappeared.

"Are you all right?" Diluc asked, gently running his thumb on my cheek.

"I'm... so tired..." I replied.

He took my hand and turned it over. Of course, he immediately noticed the cut.

"You're bleeding. Come on, let's head home."

---

When we arrived back home, the sudden warmth made me so sleepy. It was nice to be able to rest, without a sorrowful fear of getting hurt.

Diluc took off his jacket, hung it up, and went to get a bandage.
It took me a little bit, but I managed to take off my shoes.

"Okay. Show me your hand."

I lifted my arm up and watched as he carefully wrapped a bandage around the cut.

"I love you..." I whispered. As he finished, I moved closer to him and wrapped my arms around his stomach.

"Oh, I love you too..." He was clearly caught off guard.

---
I climbed into bed and pulled the duvet up. It was so soft and fluffy - much better than being stuck in an upside down cage in the middle of nowhere.

Diluc got into bed next to me and pulled me into an embrace.
He lovingly kissed my neck with a small smile on his face.

"Get some rest. Don't worry, I promise you are safe with me."