CH. 5

The following week, Lei and her roommates were back to their daily routines. They were slowly getting swamped with essays and assignments, making them become busy and indulged in their own lives. Throughout the week, Lei had gotten better acquainted with Isidro.

Though she found him a little awkward at first, she eventually warmed up to him. She learned that he had just graduated from TSU, and moved down to Florida for a job offer. He gracefully accepted it, since it would mean he'd be closer to his grandmother and his aunt. He planned on going to grad school, however he wanted to take a small break, feeling burnt out from the nonstop work.

Overall, Lei enjoyed talking to him, he held a good conversation and made her laugh — plus she liked the fact that he was doing something with his life.

It was currently Wednesday, and Lei couldn't find the strength to make it out of bed. After carrying a few boxes of Xahir's clothes to donate to goodwill yesterday, she accidentally strained her back. She took some of the medicine that she had been prescribed, hoping that she would feel better in the morning.

Unfortunately, the pain only became worse and more intense, to the point that it brought her to tears. She texted her friends in the groupchat, letting them know that she wouldn't be going to class today.

Shortly after she had sent the text, there was a knock on the door.

"Come in," Lei said loud enough for them to hear. She watched the door open, revealing Keia holding the heating pad in her hand, that Lei usually used whenever she was in pain.

"Did you take your medicine?" Keia asked him, her heart shattering a little, seeing her friend's face full of tears. Lei shook her head as she laid on her hands, trying to take deep breaths. She hated the fact that the accident, had left her with a bad back, that she was now considering visiting a chiropractor.

Keia walked over to her dresser and grabbed the small bottle, opening it. She shook out one, before closing it and walking back over to the bed. She handed it to Lei, making sure to also pass the bottled water that was resting on the windowsill.

"Hope you feel better, pooh. Let me know if you want me to get you something before I head back this way, okay?" Keia said, plugging up the heating pad, and laying it across Lei's back.

"Thanks," Lei sniffled, getting comfortable under the blankets. "Have a good day,"

Keia waved goodbye to her and walked out the room, shutting the door behind her. Lei heard as her phone dinged from a notification, she looked over at her phone resting besides her and seen that Raj texted her, asking his daily question of seeing if she would need a ride later on.

She ignored it, not having the energy to text back and turned the other way, closing her eyes.

"I think I'ma add silk on the inside of these — aye can you do me a favor? Can you check and see if Kevon finished with those designs yet? That deadline coming up soon," Raj asked Aria, looking over the different color fabrics that was spread acro...

"I think I'ma add silk on the inside of these — aye can you do me a favor? Can you check and see if Kevon finished with those designs yet? That deadline coming up soon," Raj asked Aria, looking over the different color fabrics that was spread across the conference table.