CH. 35

I hope y'all not out here putting a man before your goals. I see how some of y'all move, from the way y'all were judging Soleil—and yea, I'm taking this shit very personal. Y'all were acting very close minded, and when you're read MY STORIES, y'all can't be that. Simple.

enjoy the damn chapter.

Soleil tucked her feet under her, wrapping her blanket around her as Ximena sat across from her on the other couch. She gazed at Ximena with a blank expression, waiting for her to speak. She hoped that when she arrived to pick up Semaj, she would do just that and leave.

Unfortunately, Siraj was asleep and since they were alone, Ximena decided that it was finally time to speak to Soleil without anyone else around.

"So, um, I just want to apologize for what happened between us," Ximena finally broke the silence between them. Soleil slightly nodded her head, waiting for her to go on. "I, um, the way I handled the situation with Semaj was out of line. I had a right to be upset with you, especially because you've watched my son on multiple occasions and it caught me off guard that you would do that," Ximena continued on.

"But, I realize now that my behavior has been very childish. My son loves you, and to be quite honest with you, I trust you with him more than my own family. I also think I realized the severity of the situation when Siraj served me with papers to ensure joint custody of Semaj. I never thought it would ever reach this point because we've co-parented with no issues since our breakup,"

"That was until I came into the picture," Soleil interjected, staring at her with a hardened expression. "I don't understand what your issue is with me–actually, let me not say that because I do. It was never about Semaj, Ximena–so please save that bullshit for someone else, I'm not stupid. This was about Siraj, it has always been about him."

"Listen, Soleil–"

"No," Soleil shook her head, waving her off. "You listen to me, I've been listening and keeping my mouth shut this whole time. I've let you disrespect me, call me out my name, tear down my character–and not once, that whole time, have I ever stepped out of line with you–even though you very much deserved it. I don't see how we went from being cool to you making an enemy out of me–all over a nigga?" she scoffed a laugh, pointing towards Siraj's bedroom.

Ximena scooted closer to the edge of the couch, holding her hands out. "We were friends, Soleil. I have confided in you about my problems with Siraj, we've hung out–I was angry because I thought we were friends." she defended herself.

"Girl–when have we ever been friends?" Soleil looked at her as if she had grown another head. "I never considered you a friend, the only time we ever hang out is when you tagged along with Siraj to come to my house. Other than that, we never talked or hung out, outside of Siraj and Xahir. You confided in me–I never told you anything about my life, never shared a secret with you, never cried to you about anything, never came to you for advice–nothing. Associates? Yeah, we were that–but friends? Nah, especially when I have witnessed you talk bad about the friends you do have." Soleil counted off on her fingers, each word she spoke rolling off her tongue in a harsh manner.

"But you mean to tell me, that's been your beef with me this whole time? You've been upset because you felt like I snaked you? Let me make myself clear, Ximena." Soleil pushed the blanket off of her, also scooting closer to the edge of the couch. "The friends that I do have, they have my loyalty until they do something to wrong me–meaning, I would never date any of my friend's exes because one, that's nasty and two, I wouldn't want that shit to be done to me—which it has,"