CH. 31

drop an emoji in the comments, if you're here!

"Lei Lei?" Maj laid on top of Soleil, peeking over her. She hummed as she laid on her stomach, with her eyes still closed. "You sleep?"

Soleil giggled and turned over on her back, wrapping her arms around Semaj's body. "No, I'm awake. Good morning," she groggily spoke, kissing the top of his head a few times. She let go of her grasp on him, beginning to stretch.

"Daddy is cooking," Semaj told her, now sitting on the side of her. Soleil sat up, grabbing her phone to check the time.

"Is he now?"

Through her cracked screen, she saw a few text messages from her friends and a missed call from her sister. She sighed in annoyance, examining the cracks in her phone.

The one time she took her case off, to clean her phone and forgot to put it back on, she ended up dropping and cracking it last night. However, she would do it all over again, as Semaj's life was way more important than a material thing that could easily be replaced.

She would have to go to the mall tomorrow to buy herself a new phone since a majority of the stores were closed for New Year.

"He's making burritos!" Semaj exclaimed as Soleil got up from the bed, sliding her phone back onto the nightstand.

"Ooh, yum! Did you ask him to make that?" Soleil poked his cheeks, causing him to smile and hum in response, dramatically nodding his head. "Great choice, Dooda. I like burritos," she said, beginning to make the bed.

"Semaj!" Siraj called him from the kitchen, Semaj slid off of the bed, Soleil softly laughing to herself as she watched him.

Semaj walked into the kitchen, where Siraj was placing his booster seat in the chair, his food already fixed for him.

Siraj looked behind him and saw Semaj approaching, he picked him up and sat him down in the booster seat. The breakfast burrito was already cut into sizes suitable for him, his paw patrol cup filled with fruit punch Minute Maid that was watered down just a little with water.

"Let me know when you done, okay?" Siraj said, walking around the counter to grab the plate he fixed for Soleil, along with the bottle of cranberry juice she usually drinks.

He walked into the bedroom, seeing that she wasn't in the room. Through the crack under the bathroom door, he saw the light on. He sat her plate and her drink down on the dresser.

He approached the bathroom door and knocked, "Bae," he called out to her.

"What?" she replied from behind the door, making Siraj twist up his face a little as he leaned away from the door.

"Excuse me?" he crazily looked at the door. He waited a few seconds for her response but one never came, instead, the door slowly opened as she stood on the other side brushing her teeth.

"Yes, my love?" she raised her eyebrows, smirking.

"Oh okay," Siraj sized her, giving her a funny look. She laughed and waved him off, returning to the sink to spit. "Your food on the dresser," he told her, pointing behind him as he peeked into the bathroom.