CH. 19

let the mess beginnnn, icy gang! 🤣

A few weeks had passed and it was now Thanksgiving break. Joziah and Keia returned home the weekend before break, though they weren't going to be able to spend the holidays together, they made sure to spend the week prior doing their favorite activities.

So far, Lei had been occupying herself with her mom's daycare, deciding that she would need something to do during the daytime so she wouldn't be alone majority of the time.

However, she wasn't alone at all, whenever she was finished at the daycare, Raj would spend the night at her house or vice versa. The two had become closer than ever, that Lei was beginning to think that it was becoming official between them.

Raj hadn't made his move yet though, wanting to make sure that the both of them were ready to be in a relationship. So far, Lei had taken the initiative to show him that she was serious about being with him, and that he was the only person who had her attention.

It gave him comfort knowing that the energy and time he put in with Soleil, was being reciprocated by her. She was like a breath of fresh air, especially after dealing with Ximena for such a long time, and her toying around with his emotions.

"Ms. Lei!" One of the children, Madison, called to Soleil in the playroom. She paused from picking up the blocks and putting them into the bin.

"Yes, dear?" She turned around to face her, seeing that she was holding up a piece of paper. "Ooh did you draw that?" she started smiling, crouching down to Madison's level.

"Yes," Madison cockily grinned.

Lei pointed at the paper, tilting her head. "Who is that?" she asked, trying to hold back a laugh as she continued studying the poorly drawn stick figures. She always found it quite humorous whenever children tried to draw their families.

"That's me, my mom, my dad, my sister and my dog!" She pointed at each drawn family member. Lei lightly laughed, nodding in understanding.

"You did good, your family is going to love it." Lei playfully poked her tummy. Madison skipped away, as Lei returned to picking up the rest of the blocks.

"Hey, Soleil," Kayla, one of her mom's employees called to her. Lei slid the container onto the shelve before turning around again. "Your mom wants to see you in her office,"

"Okay, thank you." Lei walked away towards the front of the building where her mom's office was. She knocked a few times on the slightly ajar door before walking in. "Yea' ma?"

"Shut the door," Vanessa instructed her, grabbing the stacks of folders off of her desk and putting it onto the file cabinet next to the desk. Lei did as she was told and shut the door behind her.

She sat down in the chair in front of the desk, her mom folded her hands on top on the desk, giving Lei her full attention. "How you holding up?" Vanessa questioned her, Lei deeply sighed sinking into the chair.

"I'm okay," Lei replied.

"I can tell you're not, Soleil." Vanessa grimaced, watching as her daughter twisted her lips to the side, avoiding eye contact with her. "You know you can come stay wit' us until break is over, I don't like the idea of you being alone in that house."

"I'm not always alone, I have Siraj."

"Right, and that's good he's been around. But what about when he has to take care of business concerning his own life and with his family?" Vanessa raised an eyebrow, Lei remained quiet, shrugging her shoulders. "I just don't want you feel like you have to go through this alone, Soleil."