Chapter 15

Ambrossio

I stare at my kitten's shocked face. Why wouldn't I want to take over her business? Her family's consulting firm is highly profitable and respected in the industry. This will add to my wealth and I can use it as a way to clean our money. With all the leverage I have over her she won't deny me any requests especially with her having such a good heart. She was even trying to save those women who didn't consider her a friend so I know she'll do anything for her family.

"Kitten when we marry you will become my Donna.You'll be a very powerful woman in the Italian mafia."

Her eyes widen. Clearly she doesn't know who I am. Even though my family doesn't try to make all of our illegal dealings known to everyone people are aware of the Vitale Mafia. She has alot to learn. I made sure to introduce her first to the top men in my organization. I could tell a breakfast that my brother was itching to talk to her but when she realized that he was there my little kitten got angry. I know she won't be trying to speak to Angelo anytime soon and it's amusing.

I feel her starting to hyperventilate which she's been doing a lot lately since I showed her what will happen if she ever tries to leave me. I don't know if it's love, I don't even know if I can love but what I do know is I want her with me forever and she will be having my fucked up kids. My heart skips a beat at the thought of her being swollen with my children.

"I've already put in the paperwork with my lawyers to become part owner in your company. And you kitten will sign this."

I take the paper and slide it in front of her and place a pen down. She looks at the paperwork and then looks at me. I see the fire burning again in her eyes and I raise the brow. She opens her mouth and closes it without saying a word. I know she wants to fight but her body is also shivering in fear. I run a finger down her neck wanting to place my marks there.

"Sign it."

She takes up the pen with shaky hands signs her signature.I kiss her neck.

"Good girl."

I push her to stand. "Undress."

Her eyes widen in the familiar fear that makes me hard.She drops her head and starts undressing. She stands before me nude. I approach her like a tiger on the hunt and remove my knife. Her body twitches as if she wants to move but one glare from me stops her.

"I've missed playing with you." I hear her whimper as her eyes filled with tears.

I call in one of my doctors to clean her wounds after placing my kitten on the couch.Silvia sighs when she enters seeing Jenelle passed out and bleeding.

"Ambrossio must you constantly put the child through hell.Her body is already covered with scars."

I smoke my cigarette ignoring her.Its the same shit everytime she treats Jenelle.She needs to mind her business.I can do whatever I want with her.

"Do you're job and shut the fuck up." She glares at me before treating her wounds. When she's done I wrap around her and carry her to our bedroom. I touch her face in amazement at how beautiful this woman is.

"I have work to do kitten."

I walk down the stairs to see my brother still here. He tries to speak but I walk pass him ignoring him.
"Ambrossio when can I speak to her? What have you been doing to her? She-"

I stop him before he continues talking.
"Angelo I'm telling you this again before I decide to shoot you. When I'm ready I'll let you speak to her. That is if she ever wants to speak to you."He drops his head and I walk out the door.

I pull up to my parents house to discuss what happened with Santiago in person. I walk to his office and hear my mother speaking.

"Guillermo how ? how could he choose someone like that to be the new Donna? She knows nothing of our world She doesn't fit in with us."

I listen as my mother continue her rant about who would be best for me and I can see my father's growing frustration. She raises her voice louder which triggers my father. He stands to his feet and right before I make my presence known he backhands her causing her to fall and break a heel.She whimpers as she holds her bruised jaw.

"Dear. You seem to forget your place and your tone while talking to me. I might have been soft on you because I care about you but know your place. I don't care who the fuck he chooses as his Donna And you shouldn't either.Get the fuck up."

She stands and holds her head down. This isn't the first time I've seen my father hit my mother and it certainly won't be the last. I clear my throat so they're aware of my presence.My father welcomes me with a handshake. I glance at my mother and I know she wants to speak but she's terrified of my father's anger. I don't feel sympathy for her or if I ever cared for her. Maybe when I was younger. She always reminds me of the women who chased men like me with power.The ones who want the comfort of a rich man so they'll never have to work.

Hearing her mention that she already had someone in mind to be my wife has me want to kill her. But some part of my father cares for her even though he has his mistresses.My siblings might care for her a little so I'll let her live.

"Go fix yourself up." My father says to her causing her to leave the room quickly.

I sit in the chair across from him as I give him a recap of everything that Angelina told me. There's a business conference coming up which is used as a cover for the leaders of the mafia to get together to talk about legal and illegal business. A ball would have been too cliche who would question the business conference.

We'll be discussing what information has gotten out about or businesses by Santiago. We continue to talk about our other businesses before he asks me the question that I know he's been itching to ask.

"How's the woman? Is she still alive?"

I raise the brow before smiling.
"She is and She's slowly getting to know her place. She's different from the others. She has her own money and company so technically she didn't want me or need me."

My father nods already approving. He sees it as more money coming into the family and I did as well.I tell him about the business and that I got her to sign approving me as part owner.He agrees the business will be  beneficial to us.

"Good son. It sounds like you made a great choice other than someone who's just coming to the family with a lowly business contact. Are you taking her to the conference?"

I never thought about taking my kitten there but it would be a great way to present her and also remind her that no one at least in my circle will help her.

"I didn't but I am now."

In three weeks she'll be coming to Los Angeles with me but before then I'll need to teach her some basic self-defense. I'll have men to protect us but shit can still go down. Nobody can be trusted