Chapter 28

Jenelle

When I was younger I dreamt that my wedding day would be the happiest day of my life with the man I love. Instead I'm blackmailed into a marriage to a man I despise.I had no say in the wedding planning but I didn't mind.Angelina and Ambrossio  took me to all the planning meetings for the flowers,cake and dresses but they just chose what they felt like was best.When Ambrossio finally asked me what I wanted I let him know that I want Natasha with me for the morning and to be my bridesmaid.He granted that one wish.

"Are you ready?"I turn to Natasha who's dressed in a peach bridesmaid dress with a slit up the right thigh.She looks beautiful but there's a pound of makeup caked on her faceprobably to hide the bruises.My anger flares and I could kill everyone in this family.

"No." I finally answer.

I turn to the mirror and stare at myself.I'm dressed in mermaid dress covered with chantilly lace.My hair is pinned back into a low bun and the makeup is more than what I usually wear.I hate the dress that Angelina picked out.But this is Ambrossio's wedding.I sigh and Natasha wraps her arms around my waist.

"We'll get through this." I lean into her wanting to believe her words but I don't know anymore.We hear a knock which is our signal that the ceremony is about to begin.Natasha pulls my veil over my face and hands me my bouquet.
"Maybe we can get drunk at the reception." She says making me laugh.It actually doesn't sound like a bad idea.She picks up her flowers and opens the door for us to go downstairs. The wedding is on the property because he wanted us protected.He has acres of land so it wasn't hard to make it happen.We get to the door leading to the garden and a guard opens it.

I look outside and it's absolutely beautiful. Between the garden and the additional accessories added by Angelina it looks like an image out of a fairy tail.Natasha walks outside as the music starts.My heart is pounding so fast I think I'm going to pass out. The music changes signaling it's my turn.I take  calming breath as I step outside.As I'm walking I see hundreds of strangers staring and whispering.

I look ahead and see the devil with a real smile. Not one of his psychotic ones but an actual human smile.I trip at the sight but recover quickly. When I get to the altar he takes my hand in his as he stares at me. I squirm under his stare and break eye contact when I hear babbling from my baby sitting at the front.She's in a white dress and  she's chewing on her fingers as she sits in the maids lap.Angelina sits beside her wiping tears like this is a happy moment.I role my eyes and turn as the pastor starts speaking.
I zone out for most of the ceremony until I hear my name.
"Jenelle."

"huh"
Ambrossio glares at me and the pastor repeats.
"Do you take this man to be your husband?"
I look at the pastor and then an irritated Ambrossio.He squeezes my hands tighter and I wince.
"I-I do." I whisper.
Ambrossio's grip loosens and the pastor continues.
"I now pronounce you man and wife.You can kiss the bride."
Ambrossio smiles again as he lifts my veil.He pulls me into a kiss as everyone cheers.He finally releases me so I can breathe and pulls me by my hand away from the altar as everyone stands and continue to cheer.

It's been two hours since the ceremony. After taking pictures and mingling with everyone the maid takes the baby back to the house. Now we're under a big tent on the compound for the reception. The scent of the hors d'oeuvres makes my stomach growl and my mouth water.I'm starving.I've tried on multiple times to step away but someone always stops me to congratulate me or Ambrossio pulls me to the dancefloor.I never that the day I see the devil as happy as a kid at a candy store. Maybe he's putting on a show for the guests because this isn't the same man.

This day needs to be over. I'm starving and tired of smiling.I finally break free and  walk to the hors d'oeuvre table. But before I get there someone bumps into me and I feel something pushed into the palm of my hand. I turn and open the note

"In two minutes duck  under a table there will be gunfire "After reading it I start looking around the room for Natasha.I spot her coming fromaround a corner with her dress wrinkled.I walk as calmly as I can towards her until she notices me. I mouth to her "duck" and she looks at me confused. I get to her as we hear the first gunfire and duck under the closest table.