Chapter 29

Jenelle

"What the hell is going on!" Natasha yells as we hear gunfire and the screams of men and woman. I don't have an answer to give her because I'm confused myself. We both scream when a body falls in front of our hiding spot. vacant eyes stare back at us.

"We need to leave now." I say but I wasn't sure how we can.I see the dead man gripping two guns and I pry them from his grip. I check each to see how many bullets are left. One has four and the other has three.I hand the gun with the three bullets to Natasha.
"Take this."
She stares at it and I hope to God she knows how to use it if we have to fight her way out. I peek from under the table and see blood and bodies laying everywhere.I need to get to Kiah.

"How can we leave?" Natasha asks as I look around trying to figure out how without getting us killed.Men and women are everywhere fighting and shooting at each other. Then I realized we're only a few meters away from the edge of the tent.
"If we stay low we can get to the edge of the tent and squeeze our way under."
She nods and I count to three before we get low and make her away to the edge. When get there I hear heavy footstep coming our way. I look up and see it's one of Ambrossio's men. He lunges at me and I hold the gun up and pull the trigger hitting him in the chest.He falls to the ground and I look around to see if anyone notices us. Ambrossio is nowhere in sight hope it stays that way. I don't know what the hell is going on but if this is a chance for me to get away I'm taking it.

I lift a portion of the tent and Natasha slides under. She holds the tent up from the other side and as I'm sliding under  I  feel someone grabbing my ankles and pulling me back.
"Jenelle!"
I turn to see Angelina holding her shoulder bloody shoulder as she glares at me.
"Where the fuck-" I silence her with a bullet to her head.Go to hell bitch.I crawl back to where Natasha is and slide under.

When we get outside it's clear. We start running to the house to get my baby. I trip and fall while running. This damn dress. Natasha helps me up and we continue to the house. When we get to the house it's quiet.
"Did they attack the house already?" Natasha asks and I hope not because that means my child might be hurt.

We keep quiet carefully monitor the surrounding.We enter the baby's room to see the maid holding her. I take her from her arms and cuddle as I kiss her cheeks.She's safe.The maid stares at the gun I'm holding and whimpers. I hand Natasha my gun and  calm her telling her that I'm not going to hurt her. The woman has never done anything wrong to me and even though she didn't talk she was nice in her own way.

"You need to leave." I tell her and she runs out the room.

Natasha and I run out after.As we're  making our way down the hall Ambrossio stumbles before us holding his bleeding side. He loses his balance and props himself against the wall before sliding to the floor.He stares at me holding the baby and stretches his hand out to me.I stare at him as hate courses through my veins.He coughs up blood on his shirt and groans

"Help me"

I stare at him and then look at Natasha.
"Take the baby and give me my gun.I walk up to him remembering everything this evil bastard put me through. I point the gun at him and he stares at me and he stares back scared.I smile
"Burn in hell"
I pull the trigger and the bullet pierces his skull as another pierces his chest.I continue to pull the trigger in daze even though there's no bullets left.

The sound of my baby crying pulls me out of the darkness.I hand Natasha the gun and take the baby.With her gun we only have three bullets.I hope we can leave without having to use them.We quietly walk down the hall and stop when we see Angelo come around the corner. Natasha points the gun at him and he raises his hands.
"Woah calm down. I'm here to get you guys out."I stare at him confused as Natasha continues to point the gun.I don't want to trust him and then he betrays us.

"I organized the attack to kill these bastard." He scowls." I was never like them and I never wanted to be like them. My mother ,even though she wasn't perfect she was the only love and support I really had. When they killed her that was it for me.On that day  I swore that they would die."
Some men appear behind him and Natasha points the gun at them.
"Relax they're my men.You guys are safe they're here  to take you away from here and get new identities."

"Ambrossio is dead.If we're free why would we need new identities?" I ask

He sighs and looks at me with sympathy.
"They know your faces now and you're Ambrossio's wife even if it's only on paper." He says to me
before pointing to Natasha "they know your face as the soon to be wife of the previous don.Then there's your daughter who's the heir to the mafia.Even if you're not apart of the business they will see it as a great achievement to kill a Vitale."

One of the men hands him an envelope
"These are your new identities even with new birth  certificates. There's an account that has over 100 million in it to start over. My men will take you to the private airport and on a plane to a different state or country if you prefer."

I brush away a tear and hug him. All this time I thought he was just being an ass and pushing me Away but he did all of this to help me as well.My baby giggles not realizing the slaughter around her.
"Can I?"
He questions as he looks at the baby.I nod and hand her to him.

"Mia bellissima nipote ti amo e sarò sempre qui per te." (My beautiful niece I love you and I'll always be here for you.) Kiah giggles as he kisses her cheek.I hug him one last time before Natasha does thanking him. He walks us to the front door to a waiting car.He hands me a card with a number.
"If anything happens dial this number and say crazy rich Asian." He smiles and I laugh.That was the first movie we watched together and while watching the he cried and tried to hide it.

I look back at the house hating the sight of it.
"Angelo?"
He turns back to face me. " Make sure everything in the house burns."
He nods as we get in the car. Natasha places her head on my shoulder and we start crying.

We're free.