| 2 |

"Care to inform me why you're so smiley today?" Tania questioned as she walked beside me on our way home, "already finished your history assignment for tomorrow?"

"Nope," I happily shook my head and she just frowned at me in confusion, "I got a new friend."

"You're replacing me?" she gasped in horror and I just glanced at her before simply shaking my head.

"When are you going to the West again?" I questioned and her eyes immediately widened.

"No no no no," she immediately shook her head at me as she stopped walking and just stared at me, "NO Lianna!"

"What?" I questioned in confusion as she just sighed and rolled her eyes. 

She quickly glanced around herself before grabbing my wrist and pulling me down a small alleyway, away from everyone else and the open street. I stared at her in confusion as she looked back down the alleyway from where we came, probably checking if anyone was following after us.

"Okay, first of all. No Lianna. Second of all. Don't you dare think about it Li Yang," Tania listed for me and I just stared at her and blinked a few times, "you don't get it do you?"

"I'm so blank Tania Müller," I let out a small laugh and she deeply sighed at me.

"You cannot befriend someone from the West," she pointed out and I cocked my head to the side and a small frown grew on my face.

"But... why not?" I questioned in confusion and she sighed deeply at me.

"Your family is already under investigation after the thing with your dad... what don't you think will happen?" she hissed at me, "you would get taken away just like your dad, and do I look like someone who wants to lose my bestie because she found someone across the wall interesting?"

"But he's kinda cute..." I whispered and her mouth just dropped even more open.

"Oh my god... are you crushing on a Westerner?" she gasped and I opened my mouth to defend myself, "it doesn't change even if he's some other ethnicity. He lives in the West part, you know what that means."

"He just... made me happy," I muttered, "even if we only talked once... or well... wrote messages."

"Oh my god Lianna... what the frick have you been thinking?" Tania let out a loud laugh as she knocked on my head.

"Hey... look, I can't help it, okay?" I defended and she let out a small laugh at me.

"You're literally asking for a death sentence Lianna," she snorted as she ran a hand through my hair.

"Can I just ask you a favor, one small one?" I questioned and held up one finger that made her sigh before nodding, "figure out if there's any way we can meet closer to one another if we ever begin talking about it."

"Okay..." she sighed, "I'll check next time I go to the West," she agreed and I immediately grinned widely, "but that is first next month!"

"Wonderful," I grinned widely before hugging her tightly and she let out a small laugh before hugging me back.

"But you hear me real close right now. Don't you dare fall for a Westerner. How will you ever get it to work out?" she whispered and I just nodded before a loud yell echoed down the alleyway.

"Hey! What are you two doing?" a man in the all too familiar grey-green uniform rushed down towards us making Tania and I quickly glance at each other before the man stopped in front of us and glared down at us, "what are you doing down here?"

"You see sir, we have quite a good reasoning," Tania swallowed harshly as she clearly shrunk at the hard stare of the man.

"You see we saw our history teacher on the street when we were trying to share our school notes. She is very strict about note sharing and such, so we wanted to share our notes without her seeing our exchange, we are very scared about what she would do to our grades, you see sir?" I questioned and he just turned his stare to me.

"No more note trading", the man warned as he tapped my arm with his baton and I just nodded at him and grabbed Tania's wrist and dragged her along with me.

"You just saved both of us there," Tania whispered and I just nodded as we quickly crossed the street and over to our appartment complex, where we both quickly rushed up to the seventh floor on which we both lived, "okay now I owe you that thing for that boy in the West."

"As I thought," I hummed at her with a wide grin and looked over at her as she just rolled her eyes at me and I let out a happy laugh, "help me this once, okay?"

"Okay," Tania sighed as she opened the door and turned to me just before walking into her home.

"Thank you~" I happily beamed at her while she just let out a small breathy laugh and closed the door behind her as I entered the appartment in front of me as well, happy by the thought of maybe being able to talk with Sunoo once again today.